free hit
counters
SR Enamel Union Jack badge alternative suppliers - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

SR Enamel Union Jack badge alternative suppliers

My union jacks have faded but Lotus want a downright unreasonable £48 for a pair.

Lotus badges are 55mm x 25mm.  Loads of places sell 50mm x 30mm badges for about £8 each but I worry the proportions would look wrong. Has anyone fitted a non Lotus badge and can tell me where from and ideally share a picture?

Thanks.

(NB. I know we should support Lotus and their dealers but 3x the price is taking the pee)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, Spanky3 said:

My union jacks

It's a car. Not a boat. So you need new Union Flags my dear. Yes, i know these days were dumbing down and Jack seems to be the usual term...

You can pick up from eBay, Deroure, and several other places easily 

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Flag/Jack - In the scouts I also learnt it was only a jack when on a ship but now believe that to be incorrect.  While a jack is a pennant flown on a ship, our flag is called the Union Jack because of its naval origin. the 'Union Jack flag' if you will.

Anyway,  the badges.  Deroure sell the lotus ones at a pisstaking fifty quid a pair.  I can find others at more honest pricing but where specified they are shorter/fatter at 50mm x 30mm.

• Gold FFM

The Elise shop sell them but I'm not sure what is happening with their Brexit shipping as they have some message about minimum order value.

As far as I'm aware SW Lotus still distribute for them so not sure if there has been any change.

• Gold FFM

With stuff like this are you not best to "lacquer" the badges before fitting to provide protecting from weathering?  I think a carefully applied lacquer will significantly extend their life.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I thought my badges looked a little faded but I found polishing them brought the colour back again.

Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose and it might save you a few quid in the process.

• Gold FFM

Would not cleaning them, and then "lacquering" them, keep that fresh like new look for much longer?  Over a short period of time the polish will wear and fade and need continuous reapplying.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2021 at 08:38, Phil S1 said:

I thought my badges looked a little faded but I found polishing them brought the colour back again.

Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose and it might save you a few quid in the process.

Thanks Phil.  Before and after photos below. In truth the red isn't quite as vivid as it looks below, but a definite improvement after 2 minutes of t-cut.

20210710_111308-COLLAGE.jpg

• Like 2

You're welcome, maybe touch up the blue first, then a few light coats of lacquer should bring back the brightness in the red. Ideally remove the badges to spray them but you could easily mask and do them in situ too. 👍

• Like 1