free hit
counters
Buy a tracked exige? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Buy a tracked exige?

Got the opportunity to buy a 2019 Exige410 that's owned by a semi pro driver and been heavily tracked. Its got 12k proper track KMs, hit every curb, redlined where appropriate etc on GP circuits.

Offered 20% off what a new car sells for and a year of warranty. 

I've already got a track car that laps 3 secs quicker than an exige410, but wanted to shift to tracking an exige primarily and turn the other one into a semi daily.

Any opinions? Should I pony up for a new car or save myself the depreciation? I doubt a perfect babied used exige is going to show up anytime soon, but if the shocks, bushings, supercharger or anything is going to wear out on this car it's going to happen after the warranty period's over. The Emira is also a long way off.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hey Videojack, I guess there's nothing wrong with a tracked car but when I bought one I was looking for one that had had an easy life. I bought a 69 plate 410 a little over 2 weeks ago and would sell it now for the same money if you are interested? It's had one pensioner owner before me, never been on track, 5.5k miles, brakes are as new, let me know if interested. It's a beautiful car, just a little too hardcore for me and I'm thinking of going back to a GT already lol, possibly a Lexus LC500 V8.

Not sure if it is of interest, but I am thinking of selling my 2019 Exige 350 with Komotec 460 conversion. The car is immaculate and has done only 2k miles, has forged lightweight wheels, Cup 2's, gearbox cooler, long range tank, JRZ adjustable suspension?

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2021 at 18:18, videojack said:

Got the opportunity to buy a 2019 Exige410 that's owned by a semi pro driver and been heavily tracked. Its got 12k proper track KMs, hit every curb, redlined where appropriate etc on GP circuits.

Offered 20% off what a new car sells for and a year of warranty. 

I've already got a track car that laps 3 secs quicker than an exige410, but wanted to shift to tracking an exige primarily and turn the other one into a semi daily.

Any opinions? Should I pony up for a new car or save myself the depreciation? I doubt a perfect babied used exige is going to show up anytime soon, but if the shocks, bushings, supercharger or anything is going to wear out on this car it's going to happen after the warranty period's over. The Emira is also a long way off.

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

Might be an idea to contact @Trevxige and @paul lodey and see what they have to offer? I can't advise on the tracked Exige versus the ones noted above.

You should also duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

12,000km is not very much. The cars are very durable because they are so light. Stresses on all the components are so much less. Engines are limited to pretty low rpm and Toyota reliable. Most trackday drivers are very slow too, they just talk a good game down the pub and online. 'Semi pro' just means amateur like the rest of us. A bad road driver can do far more damage to a car than a decent track driver. Thrashing from cold, ignoring running-in, riding the clutch, graunching gears, smashing kerbs, launched at the lights can all happen on cars that have 'never been driven on track'. Plus an Exige that's never been on track is a sad state of affairs. What a waste!

Some people might say my last Lotus was driven hard on track but it was run-in patiently, never launched, never floored in 1st gear, warmed-up properly every single time, maintained correctly, warm up laps, cool down laps and always driven with mechanical sympathy whether on road or on track. Zero mechanical issues with the car was the reward.

Edited by jimichanga
  • Like 1