free hit
counters
Original fuel hose type available? - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Original fuel hose type available?

I am about to replace all the fuel hoses on my 1984 US spec (carb) Turbo.  Is the textured hose type in the photo still available?  Otherwise I am thinking something like this cloth braided hose.

https://www.belmetric.com/multifuel-hoseethanol-approved-c-14_662/rhm5braid-flennor-multifuel-hose-5mm-braided-foot-p-17451.html?zenid=hn7rf01c2rg9u5mid60oj42pj4

or alternatively a Gates Barricade (TM)

https://www.gates.com/us/en/fluid-power/engine-hose/fuel-line-hose.p.4219-000000-000001.html

Any other recommendations?

IMG_5685.JPG

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hey geeman,

Just so you don’t think anyone cares, I wanted to respond and say I spent time looking up various sources online such as Jegs & Summit Racing, plus, as you obviously did, fuel hose manufacturers direct on their websites. 

However, while I found numerous textured fuel/petrol hose, I was unable to locate an exact match.

Note my search did not involve me checking The Usual Suspects like JAE, RDEnt (which is a few minutes from my house!), SJ Sportscars, Lotus Bits, Lotus Marques (AUS), PNM Parts et al.

However, one would imagine the either listed hose is a strong winner in the utility department, and barring original hose, either may be a sensible choice.

Cheers, 

Scott

1986 Esprit HCI (Bosch-injected)

As Scott said, check with RD Enterprises in PA or JAE Parts in CA. Tell them you want the braided look.

I found some vendors with an Amazon search for 'braided fuel line' but I don't know the diameters you need. Or, if it looks authentic enough for you.

• Like 1

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA