free hit
counters
2011 Evora S - Chasing lap times, while not destroying everyday's qualities (too much) - Page 4 - Evora Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2011 Evora S - Chasing lap times, while not destroying everyday's qualities (too much)

A bit off topic, but I happened to find this site: https://dioski.com/en/car-customization-helmet-graphic-kit-and-other-stickers and couldn't resist customizing my Bell MAG-1 helmet. To put an extra touch on it, I decided to re-paint it in RAL 7038 as well. The paint work as such went well, but the masking tape didn't really want to stick to the rubber, so another day I have to fix the details :(

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congratulations Andreas and best of luck in the new job! 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Suspension project recap. This is what I have tried:

• Nitron R1 (46 mm / 1-way)- Hofmanns
    • 900/1100 lb/in - std front ARB
    • 900/1100 lb/in - BWR front ARB
    • 900/1100 lb/in - BWR front ARB and no rear ARB
    • 600/850 lb/in - BWR front ARB
  • Nitron CS (40 mm / 1-way)
    • 425/625 lb/in - BWR front ARB
    • 475/625 lb/in - BWR front ARB
  • Nitron R1 front / Nitron CS rear
    • 475/625 lb/in - BWR front ARB

Besides all of this, I have sweeped the damper settings, from time to time worked through step 1-4 of 5 in the front BWR Anti Roll Bar stiffness, varied toe and adjusted ride height with camber following it.

Since I am still in the middle of the process to develop the damper valving and sorting out other settings, I won't go into detail with that. What I can say is:

• Track width and ride height effects are far from sorted out
  • Camber, especially front at 1,65 degrees, is not near being sufficient for the cornering speeds that other modern track day cars are capable of
  • The 46 mm R1 kit is given the aggressive spring rates surprisingly comfortable until suspension droop exceeds a certain speed
  • The 40 mm CS kit out of the box super capable for Fast Road exercises and for shaving off a second, or two, on the track day.

Since I am after the ultimate lap time pace for a fully sorted out road going car, the testing and development goes on. Many lessons learned so far.

• Like 1

@electro_boyWell, it isn't that straight forward to retrofit a pneumatic cam-less valve train on an engine. For lab use, you can do it, but otherwise you either need to make a bespoke cylinder head from scratch, or manufacture a large number of special items. A V-engine is worse since you have to do it twice. During my 5+ years I think we received almost one conversion request today from entusiasts, or motorsport teams, even though we since the new website was launched in March 2020 explicitly stated that we didn't offer that kind of service. 🙂

The biggest challenge is that you have return pressure in the pneumatic system under the valve cover. Standstill pressure can reach 10 bar. Then there are minor issus such as that the engine oil circuit is separate from the valve train, so that all oil feed/return to the cylinder head has to be blocked. And a few other details.