free hit
counters
The "this is my spec" thread... - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The "this is my spec" thread...

DaveC72

@Evotionso your at the factory for interior & exterior colour schemes, then you'll be at the factory to see the car in production from the viewing gallery, then (possibly) at completion; your be buying a holiday home on the Broads next! taking the car back to Hethal for its scheduled servicing

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
8 hours ago, brightoncorgi said:

I wish they had a darker grey wheel like they did on the Evora.  Like a Titanium color instead of silver.  Holds the brake dust better.

When I get one set of mine painted gold, we can take yours to get sprayed dark grey :)

4 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

@Evotionso your at the factory for interior & exterior colour schemes, then you'll be at the factory to see the car in production from the viewing gallery, then (possibly) at completion; your be buying a holiday home on the Broads next! taking the car back to Hethal for its scheduled servicing

Ha, well, I have a two man tent, some GoPros and a Drone - that should do it.

I really need to be a Lotus employee. I did ask Matt if he needs a new marketing person. Ha.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

37 minutes ago, Evotion said:

When I get one set of mine painted gold, we can take yours to get sprayed dark grey :)

I'd take a 2nd set of wheels in gold too.  I'll most likely drive this car all year round, so need a winter set of wheels!

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

• Gold FFM

damn, that's an even better idea...

Cup 2s AND the Goodyears, with different coloured wheels to add to the occasion.

• Gold FFM

I wont take my cars out in the wet, never mind the snow but will drive them in the cold.

On the US forum we are gathering data about all the reservations and analyzing the responses with charts like the following. Feel free to add your configuration to the "Emira Reservation Tracking List".

image.thumb.png.f40a0f19325fc2ff6eb46c08a6ae1880.png

• Gold FFM

That is interesting.  I assume the US is going for green as it is more 'traditional' and that carries a lot of weight.

Is the dark and light grey not going to the US/

• Gold FFM
20 hours ago, rallyesax said:

The said Goodyear won't help in the snow 😁, neither the CUP2's 😂

As our resident tyre expert, what do you think of the Goodyear option?  I'm a bit mystified...

8 hours ago, Evotion said:

That is interesting.  I assume the US is going for green as it is more 'traditional' and that carries a lot of weight.

Is the dark and light grey not going to the US/

The greys are coming to the US although it is interesting that no one in the sample selected it so far. I imagine the greys will be much more popular with future buyers who walk in to the dealer and are looking for something more subtle to shop against a similar colour Cayman.

• Like 1

I think I’d go either the blue or red with yellow calipers, alcantara seats and steering wheel  with yellow stitching. But that could change !

• Like 1

Future wish list - Exige V6

I'm thinking the same!

Just out of interest, is anyone else having issues with the configurator today? Changing the colour works, but changing the wheels, black pack etc isn't actually making a difference on screen for me like it was yesterday.

• Gold FFM
21 minutes ago, Mickle said:

I'm thinking the same!

Just out of interest, is anyone else having issues with the configurator today? Changing the colour works, but changing the wheels, black pack etc isn't actually making a difference on screen for me like it was yesterday.

Yes.. i was wanting to test out the Tan leather.

This is surely down to the million or so people hitting it in a frenzy :)     

Apparently, #emiraconfigurationslowdown is trending at Number 3 globally.

• Like 1

Identical to my choice if I had to pick at the moment.....

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Like all configurators colours are not true. The red on the configurator has a a lot of orange and some pink in it. Having seen the grey and the blue, they are different to the screen colours so I hope they will get some paint samples to dealers by September .  The grey looked very flat out of the light and didn’t accentuate the shape and form. Once light hit it it was much better. They have a fancy new paint shop so I had hoped for a few more colours which I guess now may happen given the volumes.

Pricing was expected straight after launch, so the fact that it’s not in black and white yet suggests there may be some movement and rethinking, but impressions have been given so they won’t want to annoy people and lose momentum.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Woodman said:

I had hoped for a few more colours which I guess now may happen given the volumes.

Umm,. that would be nice.

Orange is a massive omission. White, one more green and that triple layer yellow on the Evija would be nice.

2 hours ago, Woodman said:

Pricing was expected straight after launch, so the fact that it’s not in black and white yet suggests there may be some movement and rethinking,

Yeah, though we do know they are desperate to keep it as a clear contender to the Cayman so that sets a range.