free hit
counters
Espritmon - What does a red dot on brake circuit in ABS mode mean? - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Espritmon - What does a red dot on brake circuit in ABS mode mean?

Go to solution Solved by eriks4,

• Gold FFM

Does anyone know what the red dot alongside the brake circuit means below?

espritmon-abs.png.100b3c72570df976b64a66f32ed129fa.png

It goes blue when the brake is on, and is black most of the time when off, but very occassionally I see it go red and don't know what that means or if I should be worried by it.

There isn't much information about the ABS page and I've tried to message @eriks4 but I can't, I'm guessing his inbox is full.

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

The ABS light came on en-route to the test centre, but upon starting it again at the garage it went out thankfully. The ABS light came on again on the way home but that red dot on the brake circuit is the only thing that I can see that is potentially indicating any sort of problem.

The brakes are pretty dire to be honest, but I think thats more to do with the DM system than anything. Overhauling all the calipers and putting new discs and pads on hasn't made a noticeable improvement, but they did need attention nonetheless. At least I have a good benchmark for comparison for when I fit @Chillidoggy's brake kit in due course. Just going to get some miles for the next couple of months before I start any more serious work on it again.

• Gold FFM

Is the pump running every pedal press?? The abs is indeed shit - if it’s pulling left and right on braking then it’s worth pulling the solenoid fuses out. Makes it pumped assist basically - similar to servo assist.

if you’ve not cleaned every wheel sensor ring then that’s likely to cause issues when moving,

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Pump is running about every fourth or fifth press which I believe means that is okay.

It did feel a bit darty on the brakes but I did wonder if that was due to the tracking. If it's the solenoids can they be cleaned to improve that? No idea what state the ABS rings are in.

• Gold FFM

Pull the solenoid fuses out chap - and give it another go.

you ain’t cleaning no solenoids without stripping the unit and that’s a world of pain.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Pull the solenoid fuses out chap - and give it another go.

Will try that when I take it in for a tracking check later in the week.

50 minutes ago, eriks4 said:

In the BRAKE STATUS byte that the ABS computer transmits, bit 0 represents the state of the brake switch: 0 = OFF, 1 = ON. When set the light will be blue.

Bit 4 represents the following (according to the specification):

BIT 4 : 0 = NO BRAKE SWITCH ON THIS IGNITION CYCLE
                      1 = BRAKE SWITCH ON THIS IGNITION CYCLE

In case bit 4 is set, the light changes to red. This is just to provide information about the status of that bit, I have no more detailed info.

I plan to release a better manual soon, together with an update of Espritmon that uses virtual buttons on the display instead of the key commands. Will put it on the same download location.

Erik

Thanks for the clarification Erik, I appreciate it. Will just have to keep monitoring the ABS light situation.