free hit
counters
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 21 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content


IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread


Bravo73

Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

 

 

256827509_2949523295260456_6946861865952

 

1 hour ago, KJD said:

Awaits comments like “I didn’t know there was a purple option”…

Wow! I didn't know there was a violet version!!! :getmecoat: 

  • Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

So it looks like the car being displayed at the Guangzhou Car Expo in China is another show car with electric motors and batteries rather than an AMG engined prototype as the Chinese motoring press had been suggesting:

https://b23.tv/IDgWYRr

The first show car is on tour in Europe, is RHD and doesn't have the LOTUS NYO badges.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

Now that is stunning!  Really stunning. That would tempt me into a FE order almost.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

Me too. Looks like a Satin Blue and goes so well with the gold wheels. A rare combo but works here. Damn.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

it is clear that the Emira is a design Evolution of the Evora. 

I said that to the lotus guys on the stand at Goodwood, particularly after I bought the model one and looked at it from the side. I don't think they agreed though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

Yeah, cost the official line is it is a totally new car.....

Edited by Bravo73

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I hope that the picture below makes sense!  Basically, i am no graphics god but I took the blue Emira picture above, then "pasted" over the top the toffee coloured GT410 that had been for sale in Central Lotus.  I was interested in understanding from a design perspective the difference between Emira and Evora.

As you can see, the two main differences are:

1. The top of the front bumper in the Emira is considerably lower than the Evora
 

2. The difference in positioning of the front wheels, with the Emira having a dramatically tighter wheel base. I can imagine that this will make a significant difference to how the Emira turns in over the Evora and should really make the Emira feel scalpel sharp.

I was also surprised that the Evora has an increased, higher, rear "ducktail" profile to the Emira, and that overall the Emira's roofline is lower too. The fact that the Emira is longer at the front makes me wonder how it will cope with sloped drives as this was a strong point of the Evora.

The overall shape of the Evora and Emira roof lines are remarkably similar and it shows the differences in the doors (look at the shut lines).  I'm sure someone talented (and with better software than Powerpoint) can do better, but to me, it is clear that the Emira is a design Evolution of the Evora. 

image.thumb.png.633990dc328bbf3153e717765b103308.png

I guess it depends what you mean by a design evolution of the Evora rather than totally new. The current BMW 3 series, the G20, doesn't look all that different to the previous F30 generation and the two share some engines, but there is no question is is an all new car. The Emira shares the V6 with the Evora, but it has a different chassis, front and rear sub frames, all suspension components, steering rack, electrical system, HVAC etc, etc. It clearly is an entirely new car in terms of all of its major components except the engine, even if the external design has some similarities. 

BTW according to the specs I have seen the Emira and Evora have identical wheelbases at 2575mm? Kinda feels like the Emira's should be shorter given the lack of rear seats, but apparently the rear bulkhead is further forward to allow for space and cooling needed for the I4 engine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Emira length is 4412 and the Evora length 4394m which is 18mm difference. I think the images must have been taken from a different angle and giving a different perspective and scale.

The Evora approach angle was 11.5 degrees in earlier models becoming 10 degrees later. I don't know what the Emira approach angle is but wouldn't be surprised if it is similar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

As I said gents, I am no graphics god, however I am surprised @freefall_junkie that wheel bases are the same as at the Lotus Hamilton launch a big talking point was how much the front wheels had been moved back to sharpen the handling.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is strange - 2575mm is the wheelbase given for the Evora and Emira on the Lotus website. Crossed wires somewhere.

One of the Lotus engineers I spoke to at the Hamilton event told me that the Emira chassis is significantly torsionally stiffer than the Evora which gave them a better platform to work with when tuning the suspension. No idea how they have managed that given that he sills are so much lower but their enthusiasm for how good the Emira will be dynamically seemed genuine.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, freefall_junkie said:

The Emira shares the V6 with the Evora, but it has a different chassis, front and rear sub frames, all suspension components, steering rack, electrical system, HVAC etc, etc. It clearly is an entirely new car in terms of all of its major components except the engine, even if the external design has some similarities.

🤔 You only have to change one minor aspect of the chassis for it to be a different chassis.  It's an evolution, not _all_ new.  Same as there were evolutions between Elise to Exige V6, etc.

6 minutes ago, freefall_junkie said:

the Emira chassis is significantly torsionally stiffer than the Evora which gave them a better platform to work with when tuning the suspension. No idea how they have managed that

I reckon sticking a bulkhead in the middle of the car should improve torsional stiffness.  Slightly different thing, but the 111 chassis is quite floppy until you put the SBAF/roll over bar on it.

Dave

 

Edited by Hangar 111
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I hope that the picture below makes sense!  Basically, i am no graphics god but I took the blue Emira picture above, then "pasted" over the top the toffee coloured GT410 that had been for sale in Central Lotus.  I was interested in understanding from a design perspective the difference between Emira and Evora.

As you can see, the two main differences are:

1. The top of the front bumper in the Emira is considerably lower than the Evora
 

2. The difference in positioning of the front wheels, with the Emira having a dramatically tighter wheel base. I can imagine that this will make a significant difference to how the Emira turns in over the Evora and should really make the Emira feel scalpel sharp.

I was also surprised that the Evora has an increased, higher, rear "ducktail" profile to the Emira, and that overall the Emira's roofline is lower too. The fact that the Emira is longer at the front makes me wonder how it will cope with sloped drives as this was a strong point of the Evora.

The overall shape of the Evora and Emira roof lines are remarkably similar and it shows the differences in the doors (look at the shut lines).  I'm sure someone talented (and with better software than Powerpoint) can do better, but to me, it is clear that the Emira is a design Evolution of the Evora. 

image.thumb.png.633990dc328bbf3153e717765b103308.png

Interesting to do a comparison overlay like this.  As others have said, the wheelbase is the same for Evora and Emira.  The Emira is longer overall.  It also has a wider rear track, so the V6 engine can be mounted lower and the supercharger doesn't need as much headroom, hence the higher ducktail on the Evora.  The i4 turbo is low down so needs space at the bottom rather than the top.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

Jeezuz, stop putting up pictures of the Emira in different colour schemes!! :wallbash:

I am still not completely decided on my livery and this does not help! 😃

  • Haha 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...