free hit
counters
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 23 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just adding these five for thread completeness - nothing new, they've all been linked elsewhere.... (and yes, the schmee ones do grate a bit!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evotion said:

I love your Exige 410 Sport and might well sell an Emira for one but if a person said to you 'Nah, it's just a badly built kitcar for posers innit?" you would write the person off as an eejit but if you are saying you would not be in any way hurt by their comment then I commend you!

I might very well write them off for saying ‘innit’ 🤣

Joking aside, I expect most of us love to hear someone else tell us that we made a good choice. We are fragile souls. 

That said, I know what pleasure I get from my ‘plastic’ toy car and while it’s lovely to hear others agree, I really don’t need their agreement. I may doubt many decisions in life, but I’ve never doubted this one. It’s sublime. 

Sincerely hope all Emira buyers feel the same way. It’s a nice feeling. 

Peace. 🕊 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Ha - nothing new to say and. more importantly, anything I do say might not be true in a month or two. I think January is the time we will know anything of any real substance.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

46 minutes ago, JimH said:

Just adding these five for thread completeness

Yeah, great. Hopefully, others will be added. Hell, even the ones that hurt my feelings can be added 😁

• Gold FFM

Imran at Evolve Automotive is buying a V6 FE, and Litchfield have ordered an i4 FE to work out tuning packages.  Obviously these are for business purposes but it’s a decent endorsement that they are getting early cars.

On the Chris Harris point, I think he voted for the Evora for ECOTY when it was launched, ahead of that year’s Porsche.  Someone with a copy of the awards or a better memory will correct me. 

He also posted about looking for an Elise when Lotus announced the end of production.  So although he might award Porsche top spot for an award he’s going to give a decent review and a fair chance to the Emira. 

• Gold FFM

Cool, good news there then.  I expect an absolute stampede of interest once the car is running out there. Might be unprecedented actually.

It already is! 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

16 hours ago, TomE said:

Imran at Evolve Automotive is buying a V6 FE, and Litchfield have ordered an i4 FE to work out tuning packages.  Obviously these are for business purposes but it’s a decent endorsement that they are getting early cars.

I was at the Hethel roadshow on the Thursday when Evolve recorded theirs - must have been one hell of an edit, given the amount of footage taken!....

• Gold FFM

Yeah, I think the point is:

1 hour footage > 5 minute video = 12 hours of work.

I'm in the middle of an edit of a 1 hour 20 min video of a conference I filmed on Wednesday. 2 days of editing and as I said, I'm in the middle and that's only 2 cameras and graphics going on. 

The biggest job we did was over 20 cameras of a 2 hour long concert at the Palladium with over 120 sound sources going into Logic Pro. That's over 40 hours of footage and a lot of sound to balance, it took a while to come together! Here's the trailer...

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Nice, My videos are  poor quality wise. Just don't have the time or skills. 

When I look at Carfection, Triple F, etc, I weep 🙈

Looking forward to a video of the Emora being ragged on country roads. Oh yes.

20 minutes ago, Evotion said:

the Emora

What! Is that a new model?

Does it come in Dark Nimbus Verdant Yellowy-blue?

Does it have the V7 engine or the i9?

Is the suspension Road/Street/Tour/Track/Race?

How many cupholders/suitcase/phoneslots/newspaper racks does it have?

Is the configurator online?

Where do I send my deposit?

etc,etc…

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Good to see (and hear).  Useful for Gav to explain the driving modes - we beat him to it on that :) 

He’s side-stepped talking about Sports vs Touring suspension - a missed opportunity ;)

(and yes I know it was covered in the Smoking Tire podcast but that was about 60 mins into a 70 min interview)

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, TomE said:

He’s side-stepped talking about Sports vs Touring suspension - a missed opportunity ;)

Yeah, but you could see him thinking that Sports suspension is the way to go 🤩

Epic shots. The track orientated reviewers are going to love that you can switch all the aids off, apart from ABS.  I don't think I will go any higher than Race myself.

The main problem with this video is that it further cements how bloody brilliant this car will be dynamically and we have to wait even longer to now get the thing. 😩

• Gold FFM

Race mode is witchcraft.  Not recommended for road use and you do need to "set" it before first use in anger, but amazing in operation.  Sport (mode not suspension!) will be great for majority of the time.  I know I and most other Evora drivers hit the Sport button every time we start the car.

There's a useful write up on DPM and videos of an Exige going round Hethel in each mode here: https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/tlf-on-dpm/

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Evotion said:

The main problem with this video is that it further cements how bloody brilliant this car will be dynamically and we have to wait even longer to now get the thing. 😩

Sorry! (I edited that video. Maybe I should've just used shots of it parked or something! 🤣).

• Haha 2