free hit
counters
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 29 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

They look straight out of an executive jet!! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Lear?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

So it is March and we have not seen all the Launch Edition Colours on real cars yet?!

Becomes silly.. Come on Lotus how hard can it be to build six cars?!

• Like 1
For the few who know the difference

And the worse thing is it sounds like they have the painted cars…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AK70 said:

So it is March and we have not seen all the Launch Edition Colours on real cars yet?!

Becomes silly.. Come on Lotus how hard can it be to build six cars?!

Apologies for being a bit of a lurker here.

I enquired about this a while back (I am early deposit holder down for Verdant, I was enquiring about changing to Nimbus without delaying delivery) and the reply of Customer Care was this:

I have queried whether we are able or planning to release images of the Emira in the launch colours. This was previously tested by taking images of the launch colours. The colours vary in every angle and the quality was not at the level that we would be satisfied with, therefore a senior decision was made not to release images of the colours to avoid disappointment or confusion in the future.

They told me to use the configurator.  This was 27 January 2022 reply.

I decided to stick with my original config (Verdant, Tan, Auto, Touring, No Black Pack, Diamond Cut).  Itching to see real photos!

Apologies if this is information is already out there.

Cheers, David

image.thumb.png.d69564d06d65f593a307fdcd964fc601.png

... thus guaranteeing confusion right now and likely disappointment in the future!

What kind of demented world do we live in when Lotus believe a render of a car is more representative of the colour than a photo of the actual colour?!

Quite bizarre!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

We know the cars existed in the 6 FE colours back in October, because they took pictures then.  We also saw them during the factory visit at end of Jan.  Not publishing them (and therefore having control over the image quality) now means there are leaked unsubstantiated pictures and soon also photos and videos taken by the press - let's hope they manage to get some decent shots of all the colours.

10 minutes ago, TomE said:

We know the cars existed in the 6 FE colours back in October, because they took pictures then.  We also saw them during the factory visit at end of Jan.

Tom, is that post a little earlier in the thread a picture of Nimbus Grey?  (The post just before the picture of the very dark blue.)

Cheers, D.

1 hour ago, TomE said:

We know the cars existed in the 6 FE colours back in October, because they took pictures then.  We also saw them during the factory visit at end of Jan.  Not publishing them (and therefore having control over the image quality) now means there are leaked unsubstantiated pictures and soon also photos and videos taken by the press - let's hope they manage to get some decent shots of all the colours.

That is even more ridiculous.. 

• Like 1

my car is due for July 22 delivery (Verdant) so i will need to put pen to paper soon...but i wont be doing so until i have seen my colour in real life (not a photo or render). I am happy to travel to the factory to see it if necessary and if this means delaying delivery then that's fine. 

• Like 1

construction and property consultants : My company

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, dpm said:

Tom, is that post a little earlier in the thread a picture of Nimbus Grey?  (The post just before the picture of the very dark blue.)

Cheers, D.

I'm really not convinced it is.  There are some odd things about the photo, such as the obviously incomplete Emira with poor panel gaps (suggesting it's a development car) and the road-registered Evora in front of it that doesn't have a factory registration.  It's clearly not in the new assembly hall, so this may be an old picture of a hand-built prototype in the old building.

I saw Nimbus and it has more metallic and depth than in this picture, plus it's more silver and less beige.  If it is Nimbus in the picture, it's been taken in poor lighting and/or the colour balance in the image is messed up - I wouldn't rely on it.  The configurator is a much closer representation of Nimbus.

16 minutes ago, TomE said:

I saw Nimbus and it has more metallic and depth than in this picture, plus it's more silver and less beige.  If it is Nimbus in the picture, it's been taken in poor lighting and/or the colour balance in the image is messed up - I wouldn't rely on it.  The configurator is a much closer representation of Nimbus.

Any car photographed under fluorescent light and/or flash will probably not be truly representative of its actual colour

• Like 1

Hahaha come on! I love the work that you have done with the renderings! Big respect for that.  But are you saying that Lotus has invented colours that cannot be photographed??? 

The pictures will be outthere with any review anyway. Or do they have to say, yes this is the car, but it will look different in reality? 😂😂 

Kudos to all of you, who have bought a car, that you have not seen in the colour you’ve order, nor driven, nor has been reviewed..  👍🏻 

I will certainly not buy a car that I have not driven… but that is only me 😉

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Interesting.  What country is that?  I can't see the number plates and road signs clearly enough to work it out.  That's not Magma Red and those are Base Edition wheels.

• Like 1