free hit
counters
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 8 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The first Emira built on the new production line, being used for testing.  Pic from Lotus Driving Academy.

228236119_1690516767807976_8732861535347565422_n.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TomE said:

The first Emira built on the new production line, being used for testing.  Pic from Lotus Driving Academy.

228236119_1690516767807976_8732861535347565422_n.jpg

I hope they'll add some Emira's to their course! Already contacted them recently, because if I end up getting the Emira I need some driving lessions maybe :) And the UK is about the same travel time as France and a lot closer than Italy, but I don't speak those languages much. Have to be LHD though.

54 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Interesting take on the styling. Not your usual car video.

That's a great analysis. None of the things he said bother me about the Emira aside from the side rear windows and the badge, and Frank fixed those up beautifully. What are the odds we'll see minor changes like that on the FEs?

1 hour ago, JAWS said:

Interesting take on the styling. Not your usual car video.

I think Frank had some great points, but overall, I would keep the original design. Definitely agree one some of the smaller points, like the badge, but I would definitely keep the overall body shape and colors as is. Lotus really knocked this one out of the park.

• Like 1

I mean he really didn't change that much. Not sure the 4 exhaust or taillight changes add anything, having the body color strip under the black area on the side actually looks pretty good.

That's actually the main thing I didn't like. The original lines on the sides are sharp, and the black on the bottom helps make it look leaner. I do like the larger rear intake and badge change, but everything else I would undo.

The badge is awkward. The use of the Lotus roundel is way better. Astonished those very ugly wheels were not even mentioned. Very supportive overall. Expects the Emira to be a popular hit, and clearly impressed when he saw Emira in the flesh..."Goosebumps".

• Gold FFM

Watched that a while back. He was not up to date but addresses the points we all raise.

Nobody really knows how this is going to go. At least he hasn't jumped on the bandwagon and ordered one.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Really enjoying the motoring  newsstands at the moment... 😀 @Suddabym

IMG_20210731_133629_5.jpg

• Like 2

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-...)

You know what, I have both of those magazines as well!

• Like 2

Sudders and Dany

• Gold FFM

I never buy car mags, or any mags, but this is a good spot, thanks.

I will buy a few so I can keep them with the car for posterity.

It is also front cover of EVO (at least as a subscriber) and a 4 page or something inside

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Frank Stephenson , ex BMW, ex Ferrari, ex McLaren chief designer take on the Emira's design.

Edited by Bravo73
That video was already posted last Thursday.

• Gold FFM

This bloke is a legend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Stephenson

A lot of what he says, I have to say, is pretty darn good.  All companies should pay him for one day of consulting as his results/suggestions are amazing.

I love the Emira as it is but this would have been  more than fine with me.

lot.thumb.PNG.1abcf365fc10c5935d5355fdfb2f14fa.PNG

lot2.thumb.PNG.7a148f8c060b883ec9bc99f8ed380e12.PNG

It's obvious he has only looked at the pictures. All the lines and vents will have been designed in for a purpose. Aerodynamics are functionally important and it makes for a great looking car too.

• Gold FFM

Yeah, of course there is always a conflict between the initial designer and the aerodynamicist.

Lotus have done a great job in my book.

The Evija uses a laser in the 'T' of 'LOTUS' on the rear of the car, perhaps it's similar tech?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
6 minutes ago, Snorkel said:

Anyone noticed the tiny reverse light on the Emira? 😄

I'm guessing that's also part of the prototype, no?

I'm hoping it goes red as a fog light too....... 😉