free hit
counters
Emira deposits and build slots - Page 10 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Emira deposits and build slots

simonb

I distinctly remember Gavan Kershaw in the Carfection YT video saying that Lotus was going to be playing with the I4 sound to make it sound more like a Lotus.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So does anybody actually know where they sit on this mythical order queue/list?  🧐

I haven’t seen a single post showing that, although some seem to be aware of their date of landing on said queue. 

I placed my order via dealer and am still waiting to hear more info when available

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• Gold FFM

When completing my deposit directly I received by return a transaction ID ref with my name on it and a payment confirmation ref. Both from a real person (not automated) Also identified my preferred supplying dealer. So I know when my deposit was placed but as there was no requirement to identify engine spec? Delivery is an unknown. Will speak to the dealer to see if they have informed them.

I dont think the queue will be that easy to interpret

I placed a dealer deposit in June, but am after an AMG, so will be jumped in the "simple queue" by Launch Edition purchasers.  Until Lotus start firming up orders (V6 LE / V6 tailored spec / i4) then there can be no idea of timescales

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, simonb said:

I dont think the queue will be that easy to interpret

Also amongst the orders must be ones that dealers have placed for their stock/demos?. So one could turn up that could be bought  but would not be the exact spec that was required.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, MJON said:

So I know when my deposit was placed but as there was no requirement to identify engine spec?

Umm,. good point. I have seen no differentiation yet. I assume I could get 2 x V6 cars and I keep the place of both.

They have taken £4k  even though the 4-cyl is many months further on. I 'assume' I will have to stump up more deposit on contract signing in September and then do the 4-cyl; contract in March or so?  If I have to do BOTH in  September I will struggle if it's a big percentage.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

wb2.jpg

I phoned Lotus this morning.  Nice lady, very helpful.  Confirmed my order and said it's one of the very first ones on the system, so almost certainly be in the first batch.

Still funny Halifax hasn't taken the £2,000 out though.  She said a lot of people have been phoning up saying the same (Lloyds being the worst)....said just to wait a few more days.

On 13/07/2021 at 10:20, glen8 said:

Hello Everyone!

Hope you are all well.  I'm another new customer to the brand.  Having watched the launch event last week, I immediately placed my order/deposit.  This also means me having to phone up Porsche to cancel my GTS 4.0 order.

Considering the Emira is well equipped from the off, it's £10k cheaper over the Porsche when doing a like for like, plus I think it's better looking and nice to be able to support a British company.

I'm still debating engine choice, but going with yellow paint, yellow calipers, forged alloys, alcantara interior.....and KEF audio (sorry hardcore lotus fans).  Hopefully the OTR price is around £65k.

I’m in the same boat.

…. but the gts should be with me by Xmas, and even with my deposit down early on the 8th, and I’m told only 500 uk cars allocated for next year… figure I’ll be driving the cayman for at least 12 months before I get near the emira!

• Like 1

On 15/07/2021 at 12:18, emstan said:

What I've heard from the Swiss dealer is that the roadshow (not sure if they will arrive to Switzerland yet, though, would be a shame if they didn't...) will be a static presentation only and that they'll have a "driveable" demo car in March. Could be different for the UK, though. If so, you're all a bunch of lucky bastards. 😂

Uk Dealer told me I could sit in one September, but next year to drive…

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Al said:

So does anybody actually know where they sit on this mythical order queue/list?  🧐

I haven’t seen a single post showing that, although some seem to be aware of their date of landing on said queue. 

I placed my order via dealer and am still waiting to hear more info when available

Yes, isn't JB top of the list? 😜

• Haha 2

It will be interesting to see how this particular thread develops. It’s going to be a long wait, so everyone is going to have to be patient. Is there a precedent for such a long (and lengthening) waiting list at Lotus due to high demand of a new model?

On 13/07/2021 at 23:41, Dommo said:

He also told me that there would be a lot more colour options when you can choose to commit to a build slot. 😁

Sorry I didn't pick up on this last week (been busy driving my new Lotus ;) )

I had a long chat with the Lotus folks at Goodwood and colour options was one topic I wanted to clarify.  I was told the 6 colours currently on the configurator would be the only colours available for First Edition cars and that a further 7 colours would be added later, likely to be 3-6 months after first deliveries.  This might mean in time for the AMG-engined First Edition cars, but they said they may decide to add them only for the non-FE cars.

I really wanted Laser Blue as an option or a metallic yellow like the current Pearl Yellow or the Solaris Yellow on the Evija.  I was told I wouldn't be able to do that, even as a bespoke order, on a V6 FE car.  As we won't get any further clarity until September, I'm happy to wait until then and see what gets published officially about specs, colours, options, pricing and timetable.

I wonder if I should "do an Ade" and put down another deposit so I can get an early car in a possibly second choice colour in FE spec and then a 2023 slot for a bespoked spec/colour :) 

I was told September dealer events would include a car to sit in but not drive and press drives wouldn't be until early 2022.  So I'm expecting to have to firm up an order before being able to test drive.  I've owned multiple Lotus, met many members of the team at Hethel and seen how much effort people like Gav put into the ride & handling.  So I'm happy to order without a test drive, because if Gav says it's a step forward from the Evora in terms of driver dynamics then that'll do for me.  I appreciate those new to Lotus will be more reluctant to commit without a drive and I hope Lotus can do something sooner than March 2022 for them.

• Like 1

I heard much the same thing from the guys at GFoS timing-wise (Sept for specs; first production prototypes will be for crash testing etc; journos won't get to try one until March; first v6 customer deliveries from April). i4 to come out 3 months later.

They said deposits placed via dealers would be entered into the queue "as long as we receive them in time", along with the £2k ones they were taking online and on the stand. When the spec/prices are unveiled in Sept, then the queue of depositors will become a more firm build slot / order type thing as people confirm their choice (and some people might be put off by the price (if they decide they want the V6 FE for example, but are expecting to pay £60k), so the later news that all build slots for 2022 are sold out must be making an assumption on the number of deposits... Anyway, if there are no test drives until March or later, but the order book is full... so what? 

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, TomE said:

I wonder if I should "do an Ade" and put down another deposit so I can get an early car in a possibly second choice colour in FE spec and then a 2023 slot for a bespoked spec/colour :) 

ha, you have nothing to lose....👍

I too am hoping that Evija yellow becomes available for the 4-cyl. Bloody amazing colour.

1 hour ago, ewand said:

so the later news that all build slots for 2022

Missed that one. Who said that?

Today I heard that Lotus have taken 2200 orders in the UK - the UK!!!

You can safely multiply that by 5 for global expectations. Of course, what we don't know is the number of firm  orders but, yeah, a 2022 car is looking iffy - which I have said all along, for new depositors.

wb2.jpg

2 hours ago, TomE said:

the Solaris Yellow on the Evija

Something similar would be epic on the Emira but I doubt you'll get the same lovely pearlescent Solaris yellow, the cost of that paint job was eye watering.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

19 hours ago, Al said:

I tried to find out via Lotus. Wasn’t expecting to get an exact number in the list but rather was just trying to get a very rough idea so I could guess a potential delivery date (I’ve already sold my “fun” car and thus debating if should think of a stop gap).

To credit of Lotus I get a very fast response but as to where I was on the queue I got told they “had no idea”.

I just hope they have a robust system and that the timing of placing your deposit counts rather than the timings of when you confirm your specification.

Don't panic, they do and are going to great lengths to honour deposit dates.

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

8 hours ago, Evotion said:

Missed that one. Who said that?

Today I heard that Lotus have taken 2200 orders in the UK - the UK!!!

You can safely multiply that by 5 for global expectations. Of course, what we don't know is the number of firm  orders but, yeah, a 2022 car is looking iffy - which I have said all along, for new depositors.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Marvellous. I guess I never asked my dealer that question, though to me it was always going to happen,. just  matter of when. 

Those now waiting until they see the car itself in April at dealers for a proper test drive will be looking well in 2023 unless the shift changes again.

This is assuming the rest of the world are eating up Emira deposits too. I have not heard too much about the global numbers.

wb2.jpg

From the facebook groups I'm on, I would estimate a fairly substantial number of people will pull out from placing an actual order, I'm sure this happens with all new car launches, but I've seen a lot of people understandably lured in by the sub £60k starting point. If the launch editions are beyond £70k as expected, with even more on top for the v6, I think many will be in for a shock and could back-out when pricing is announced. Certainly not knocking Lotus here, but another factor to consider with build numbers & timelines!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

For sure. a 7 starting number will make a big difference. I think it will a pleasant surprise. Long way off though, the 4cyl.

wb2.jpg

• Gold FFM

Had an email from bell and Colvill today saying Lotus has received 2400 deposit from the UK alone. Wow, if the pick up is as good in the rest of the world 3 shifts are unlikely to be enough. 

I'm told there be more information in a couple of weeks. Lets hope the spec details are a bit clearer with pricing so we can start to decide exactly what we want.   

All the Best

Greg

• Gold FFM

True but I believe the UK limit was originally 650. So sales look very positive even if they only get half the orders.  It's also possible that the more orders the better production cost will be and therefore this might be why they have not release committed prices just yet.  

• Like 1

All the Best

Greg