free hit
counters
Emira deposits and build slots - Page 12 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira deposits and build slots

simonb

Whilst on the topic of Dealerships I am yet to contact one and as a new customer to Lotus I don't have a preferred dealership. I live bang half way between Hendy Lotus Eastleigh & Bell & Colvill Lotus Surrey. My initial thought was B&C may be busier with London customers so it would be nice to go to Eastleigh. 

Seeing Colchester getting some stick above please may I ask if there is an opinion as to which one I should choose?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I don't know Eastleigh but I've seen them doing things with the wider Lotus owners community which is always a good sign.

B&C are my local dealer and have always been excellent for sales, service, and general news about Lotus.  They are VERY busy with Emira deposits and enquiries, which has pluses and minuses, but are still very responsive.  I've been exchanging messages with Jamie about stuff today.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Bell and Colvill are the longest established Lotus dealer in UK. The owners care, the staff care. 

Of course there are other fab dealers (Oakmere or Silverstone for example) but if you are near Bell and Colvill, don't hesitate to use them. Proper people.

Justin 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Hendy Performance Eastleigh are quite new to Lotus which from what I have seen means they are keen to win customers and keep them. I've used Hendy in Poole for many years and cannot fault their service and that is in comparison to other very well known dealerships. Eastleigh is closer to me but I'll probably still continue to go to Poole for regular servicing because I make a day of it and out of loyalty.

• Like 2

I have received similar feedback reference my deposit - its positive for Lotus and it suits me to wait whilst I build a new garage. That said, I'd be surprised if others will be of the same opinion.

Get a second shift going - its a good headache to have.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Blimey, thanks for the reminder about the garage. I need to widen the door. Even then I can only get one in...

Its like almost double width but with one single door...

and then there are my motorbikes. Umm, I haven't thought this through 😂

• Haha 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

On 13/07/2021 at 20:33, Bibs said:

Funny story - I was in Belgravia today doing a roof job with the drone. Spoke to DPG and said hello to the 2 armed officers in the square. Turns out they've seen the car, watched Harry's Garage etc and proper car/bike guys. One of their colleagues is retiring and fancies one so I handed over my card and he called me later today. His brother has an S1 Elise he's done over 100k in and he's really interested in putting a deposit down. He's local too so in a couple of weeks I'll pop over and say hello in the Evora :thumbup:

Now can you imagine that 1 week and a few hours ago?

Hi all,

I'm the one bibs is referring too, deposit placed!

I'm an out and out petrol head,  both cars and bikes and have been deliberately over my retirement present to myself for the last 4 years! Then the Emira came along, love at first sight I'm smitten😍.

Quick question have your dealers given you an idea where you are on their lists? I've been told they've been given an allocation of 50 cars per dealership for the FE's.

Apologies if this appears later in this thread, I'm relatively late to this party and am doing my best to catch up!!

• Like 2

On 22/07/2021 at 19:45, glen8 said:

September is so long away 😭🤣

any thoughts on central lotus Nottingham?

Hi, new to the Lotus brand after owning Various Porsche for past 12 years.  Emira would be replacement for current 718 Cayman.  As regards dealers, emailed Central Lotus 10 days ago after placing deposit direct with Lotus and still haven’t heard back.  Emailed Silverstone a couple of days after and got an email from Aimee within a few hours, so I know who I’ll be using.  Enjoying following everyone’s comments, haven’t been this excited about a car for some time!  Cheers, Matt

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, Bigbird1972 said:

Hi all,

I'm an out and out petrol head,  both cars and bikes and have been deliberately over my retirement present to myself for the last 4 years! Then the Emira came along, love at first sight I'm smitten😍.

Quick question have your dealers given you an idea where you are on their lists? I've been told they've been given an allocation of 50 cars per dealership for the FE's.

Apologies if this appears later in this thread, I'm relatively late to this party and am doing my best to catch up!!

Welcome to TLF and soon-to-be Emira ownership!  Feel free to drop over to the Introductions section to say hello.

My dealer has told me where I am on their list and roughly what that means for the overall UK list.  I'm not aware of any allocations being given.  They can't be specific on overall list/timing yet because it will depend on what happens when people are asked to confirm their order.  Some will drop out and some will go AMG rather than V6 (deliveries are due to start 3 months later for AMG).  Some won't want First Edition Spec so will drop down the running order.  We'll know a bit more from September onwards as orders start getting placed.

I can see there may be a bit of a circular problem for some when it comes to ordering. My preference is probably for an own-spec V6, but that depends in part on how long the wait will be - if it is too long and the price difference isn't too great I may just go for the FE, but presumably no-one is going to know the length of the wait until the FE orders are in. Unless perhaps there are going to be a fixed number of FE cars?

Very first world problem of course 🙂

Welcome Phillip and congrats on getting your deposit down :)

@Bigbird1972, welcome! See you soon for a careful, speed limit inspired drive in the Evora too :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Welcome @Beancounter @912Matt  @Bigbird1972  !!

Every time I see a new member I feel the excitement grow!  

I've been this keen 😃

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/07/2021 at 09:08, Bigbird1972 said:

Hi all,

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

What spec are you looking at?

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :)

Any issues with using the forums, feel free to contact one of us mods. We’re here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

On 24/07/2021 at 18:04, 912Matt said:

Hi, new to the Lotus brand after owning Various Porsche for past 12 years.  Emira would be replacement for current 718 Cayman.  As regards dealers, emailed Central Lotus 10 days ago after placing deposit direct with Lotus and still haven’t heard back.  Emailed Silverstone a couple of days after and got an email from Aimee within a few hours, so I know who I’ll be using.  Enjoying following everyone’s comments, haven’t been this excited about a car for some time!  Cheers, Matt

Welcome to TLF Matt. :welcome:

What colour are you after?

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us moods. We’re here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

On 24/07/2021 at 21:01, Beancounter said:

TLF newbie here!  Recently sold by 718 Cayman as it was just a bit boring!  Ended up getting a low mileage 987 Boxster for the rare occasions I use a car.

I hadn’t intended to get another new car … and then I saw the Emira - placed my deposit 8am on the 9th July, sO later than many on here but before Goodwood weekend.

My last Lotus purchase was a new S1 Elise in 1997 - was on the wait list for about 15 months for that one!  Was an amazing car but not really well suited to the 24k miles a year I was doing back then… hoping the Emira will be a perfect route back into the Lotus brand.

Welcome to TLF.  :welcome:

An FE or different spec?

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We’re here to help. :)

On 23/07/2021 at 18:49, Evotion said:

Blimey, thanks for the reminder about the garage. I need to widen the door. Even then I can only get one in...

Its like almost double width but with one single door...

and then there are my motorbikes. Umm, I haven't thought this through 😂

Hmm, will only go into mine with 2” either side with the mirrors folded! Bit of a pain, but good job it’s a double garage or I would never be able to get out😄

• Like 1

On 07/08/2021 at 19:32, glen8 said:

@Evotion @Frickin_idiot  I'm pleased I'm not the only one who's having building work done on their garage.  Just had the plans drawn up to change ours into a double.  I'm searching for electric doors at the minute.

We haven't even begun the works - the estimates that we are getting are horrendously expensive. 

I'm preparing myself to be shocked.  The price of materials has gone through the roof.  I had a quote a couple of years ago to convert our garage to a double, with putting 10mm electrics in for another ev charger, electric garage door, replacing our 30m fence with composite and it all came to £15k inc the planning permissions stuff.

I dread to think what it will be now.

• Like 1