free hit
counters
Emira deposits and build slots - Page 5 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira deposits and build slots

simonb

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

40 minutes ago, Emiralust said:

Hi all, have joined the forum following my Wednesday 3pm Emira deposit! It will be my first lotus and i’m excited to join the brand 👍🏻 Regarding pricing i was told by the goodwood lotus team that the 4cyl is sub £60k and the v6 will be just over £60k. However first cars will be have a first edition pack which is non optional which come with £15k worth of options and will be around £75k inclusive. You could have a v6 at a later delivery for the just over £60k price

Cheers,

Matt

That'd be freaking awesome... 

1 hour ago, cobwatch said:

Crickey. If that is correct V6 sales will be massive. Evora prices would collapse. Welcome to the Forum.

At this rate there will be thousands of Emiras on the road in the UK, but hardly any Evoras... a future classic eh ;)

I honestly can't see them shipping the base model v6 Emira at a little over £60k; if people want to pay that, they'll buy an i4 and for maybe not much more outlay to produce each car, Lotus could easily slap a premium on the V6 manual. I wonder if there will be any visual differentiators between the two, other than the shifter in the cabin, the look through the glass and the noise that comes out the back.

Thanks TomE! Don’t get me wrong it does seem too good to be true and sometimes the guys on the stands get things wrong, that is the price he said to me though. My selfish concern is that Lotus may have been planning a £65k v6 price but having now read the room might put that up! If it’s supposed to be competing with a 718 Porsche cayman the GTS starts at £65k. Maybe a future emira S version comes in for the cayman gt4? Which is £75k. Fingers crossed, £75k including first edition would definitely have me swapping to Lotus. £90k first edition puts the price a bit too high for me personally and considering other cars at the price point. Not to mention the used market.

only time will tell!

Edited by Emiralust
Added Porsche prices
  • Like 1

On 11/07/2021 at 20:59, Al said:

As a previous Evora owner I was all set to buy another used Evora before I saw the sub £60k price point for the Emira and my deposit was immediately placed. All the hype is suggesting a huge number of deposits and at this early stage a huge success for the relaunch of the Lotus Brand. I just hope they don’t mess it up now and get greedy on the back of this great uptake and position a poverty spec entry level car at £59950 with at least another few thousand needing spent for paint and basics.  If so watch how many of those new customers suddenly disappear and the positive vibe goes negative very fast.

The Evora didn’t sell despite being a wonderful car and I can’t help think price point versus competition played a big part of this. Id hazard a guess a lot of the deposits are because of what you appear to be getting for that headline entry price point.

Welcome to TLF Al. :welcome:

Have you decided on any sort of spec yet?

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

11 hours ago, Emiralust said:

Hi all, have joined the forum following my Wednesday 3pm Emira deposit! It will be my first lotus and i’m excited to join the brand 👍🏻 Regarding pricing i was told by the goodwood lotus team that the 4cyl is sub £60k and the v6 will be just over £60k. However first cars will be have a first edition pack which is non optional which come with £15k worth of options and will be around £75k inclusive. You could have a v6 at a later delivery for the just over £60k price

Cheers,

Matt

Welcome to TLF Matt. :welcome:

Will be good to see what you eventually get. Any ideas yet?

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

5 hours ago, ramjet said:

Welcome to TLF Al. :welcome:

Have you decided on any sort of spec yet?

Have you decided spec yet seems to be the impossible question to answer as there just isn’t enough information and everything is speculation.  I do fear Lotus have gone all out on the launch before they were actually ready. An announcement of a few basic facts such as bho per engine and starting price per spec with more info to follow would certainly help.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, duncx said:

Yes, but early on. I had a dealer deposit in place and soon after the 'reveal' they told me to make it offiical by using the Lotus website. I paid the £2K and got a confirmation number (within 2 minutes) which I passed back to the dealer to formalise place on the list :)

You did it @duncxKawasaki Green?

Edited by Jcx

15 hours ago, MJON said:

I have been trying to place my deposit online since Thursday last, system doesn’t complete at point of payment. Spoke to Hethel directly and asked should I go via my local dealer or continue direct. They seem to be in some disarray! Waiting for a call back, so spoke to my dealer contact and a new one “Rybrook” Deduced that I know as much as they do at moment. Anyone actually had their deposit confirmed by return confirmation from Lotus direct?

Welcome to TLF @MJON :welcome:

Did you finally get your deposit placed?

Congratulations JP and welcome :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

2 hours ago, Jcx said:

You did it @duncxKawasaki Green?

:lol: No idea on colour or anything else yet Joe but I won't be 'investing' in a special paint that's for sure. I'm told that spec on the Launch Edition cars will be fixed in order to give time for the factory to get production running smoothly. I think that if you want an LE car you will largely have to accept what's on offer with just a narrow choice of colour, interior, wheels maybe? All speculation, maybe we will know more in September.

For the moment the 250 is going nowhere!

Edited by duncx
  • Like 2

Good man, great decision that I'm sure you won't regret! Welcome :)

I wonder if anyone at Porsche is sitting up and taking notice yet?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I wonder if anyone at Porsche is sitting up and taking notice yet?

I overhead staff on the Porsche stand at Goodwood talking to each other about the Emira.  As in "have you been to see it, looks amazing, can't believe they can do the base car for £60k" :) 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
40 minutes ago, glen8 said:

Hope you are all well.  I'm another new customer to the brand.  Having watched the launch event last week, I immediately placed my order/deposit.  This also means me having to phone up Porsche to cancel my GTS 4.0 order.

Welcome!  Nice :)

32 minutes ago, TomE said:

I overhead staff on the Porsche stand at Goodwood talking to each other about the Emira.  As in "have you been to see it, looks amazing, can't believe they can do the base car for £60k" :) 

Porsche will lose a LOT of their Cayman sales globally to the Emira, absolutely.  Even in Germany, for something different.

Porsche have been in this game for a long time. I expect to see some form of 'retaliation' in terms of a standard spec increase, price holding or other incentives (Interest free?)

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

4 hours ago, JP7777777 said:

I managed to place my deposit online on 08/07 morning. I then received a welcome email from Lotus to confirm I was a priority customer.

The configuration I choose will depend on the prices. Looking initially at 4Cyl DCT, in Seneca Blue (the only colour I'd choose). Diamond cut wheels, Ice grey leather, if the V6 manual is sub £63k with the wheel and leather then I'll consider that. That would be all the options, regarding the options for lane departure and all the other driver aids, its a definite no no. I hope the post launch cars still keep the option for the Seneca blue otherwise I'll be cancelling the order I'm afraid.

Had a chat on the phone with my Lotus dealer. He was working on the assumption that the First Edition V6 would come fully loaded at £85k.

No certainty this is any more correct than what others have heard of course. Just another bit of information to throw into the mix.

I'm going to hold out hope that it comes in closer to 75!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JP7777777 said:

Looking initially at 4Cyl DCT, in Seneca Blue (the only colour I'd choose). Diamond cut wheels, Ice grey leather, if the V6 manual is sub £63k with the wheel and leather then I'll consider that.

Apart from my price threshold being different, my thoughts exactly! Yellow brake calipers and black pack?

Edited by JJ
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, James DG said:

Had a chat on the phone with my Lotus dealer. He was working on the assumption that the First Edition V6 would come fully loaded at £85k.

No certainty this is any more correct than what others have heard of course. Just another bit of information to throw into the mix.

I'm going to hold out hope that it comes in closer to 75!

My dealer said £85k for the v6 too. Said power is expected to be 360 for i4 and 400 for v6.

Future wish list - Exige V6