free hit
counters
Emira deposits and build slots - Page 7 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira deposits and build slots

simonb

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Re: price comparison, here's the Dutch list (unfortunately, yeah, really):

Cayman - 88K EUR
Cayman T - 97K EUR
Cayman S - 107K EUR
Cayman GTS 4.0 - 127K EUR
Cayman GT4 - 147K EUR

Emira I4 - 88K EUR
Emira V6 - 110K EUR ++

V6 price is based on the guesstimated carbon tax difference between the M139 and the 2GR-FE only, excluding the extra cost of getting the V6 itself, and probably off by quite a bit.

Assuming the I4 is supposed to compete with the Cayman S and the V6 with the GTS 4.0, the I4 will be a steal. Less so if its normal Cayman and Cayman S.

Edited by JJ

Most of this thread is speculation.  Sure that's the fun of putting the deposit down, no?

Who knows what the next 12 months will bring.  No more furlough.  Hopefully no more (or minimal impact) Covid.  Hopefully no more chip shortage.  Will wood still have its gold plated surcharge?

Lotus have revealed one of its most beautiful, supposedly attainable, well rounded, hopefully best finished cars ever.  And we've a bit to wait.  So please, speculate.

Will it have adaptive cruise? 😃

Edited by Cooper
  • Like 2

Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) available on the Emira include adaptive cruise control, anti-collision system, fatigue alert, road sign information, vehicle speed limiter, lane departure warning, rear cross traffic alert, lane change assist.

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/lotus-emira-the-most-accomplished-lotus-ever-made/

:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
39 minutes ago, Al said:

I love all this speculation about pricing being £65k…£75k…£85k.. soon someone will claim £95k.

The only fact is that Lotus have said an entry point of sub £60k.  If you can’t get a metallic coloured Emira that looks like the car on the stand, albeit missing a few internal add on’s (who on this forum really cares about heavy electric seats and autonomous driving aids) for under £60k then watch how many deposits get refunded - I’d speculate at least 50%

As someone else already said there is no more Elise so there has to be a sensible starting price if Lotus want to keep their current biggest loyal customer base.

Elise Sport 220 UK registrations app 60 a year from 2017 and around 1400 cars built last year in total. Not enough to survive it’s change or die. Planning and investing for a tenfold increase means they won’t be to concerned if their customer base changes along the way.

Granted and I’d totally agree that new people need brought into the brand and volumes multiplied by several factors.  I dare say 12 way adjustable electric seats and adaptive cruise will be expected by many of this new audience.

My point is the general speculation on the site is for higher and higher price points and I just think an opportunity for Lotus to thrive will be missed if the entry point car doesn’t deliver in the way that’s getting so many people, including myself, excited.

2 hours ago, Pugwash said:

So this is the sign next to the car at Goodwood.  Assume it’s an i4 at £59k.  How much to add the listed options to get to a First Edition?

40E4EC4C-6DC7-4824-8350-5DE03A02CB17.jpeg

That could be the issue with the FE, from that options list I'd only look at the paint, the wheels and car mats, no interest in all the other option,(maybe convenience pack, depending what that is!) So wouldn't want to pay a premium for thigs I don't want. Some of those options would actual be a deal breaker and I wouldn't want them even if they were a no cost option. e,g. alcantera , yellow calipers.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bibs said:

From what they said on the FoS Stand, to do the more advanced ADAS functions like lane departure assist would require electric power steering - so in other words, Hydraulic for a couple of years until they're forced to implement ADAS then it's electric...

I was only being semi serious about the cruise. However today I learned:

1. It could have it. Which is great. 
2. Adaptive cruise. Sacrilege.  Windy windows, awful cable shift and leaking roof are what make the brand. 😃

Look I get it. No more Elise. It’s harder to take because it was in production so, so long.   But what a car and now what a legacy. And if you want one they will still be available in the classifieds. 

And just maybe, ten years down the line there will be a whole new base of Elise fans. 

In quite a few countries, the V6 will be eur10k more of taxes making the V6 a rare thing for those places.

As the UK is less punitive on CO2 emissions than Europe, I am not surprised they focus the launch edition on the UK with the V6 as they know it well and know this model won’t last.

at the end of the day, I have no doubt they can sell 2000-5000 and good prices (to them) but the game is rather to sell 5000 p.a. For the next 8ish years so they cannot have price too high otherwise it will be a 2 year business. Hopefully this gets smoothed and we don’t have people waiting for their car for 1 year+ But then nobody ordering any in 3 year.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JP7777777 said:

I managed to place my deposit online on 08/07 morning. I then received a welcome email from Lotus to confirm I was a priority customer.

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

Will be great to see what you finally get.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

4 hours ago, Dommo said:

Another new deposit placer here! And first time Lotus owner to be.

I went to Goodwood and couldn't resist the price point and the look of the Emira. And having heard the Grey V6 in person, I was sold and placed the deposit immediately. 

I spoke to one of the Lotus guys on Sunday and (just to add my input of info), I was told they'd had 1200 deposits by that point. I also asked if they'd end up bumping the prices up based on the level of interest and he told me that they knew the target market was Cayman territory and that they would have to keep it well within that price point to remain attractive.

He said that around Sept time they will ask deposit payers to list their preferred spec (if they have one) and then they will offer the cars based on spec choice and date of deposit.

He also told me that there would be a lot more colour options when you can choose to commit to a build slot. 😁

I certainly hope that people will be able to have a test drive before then as well. Hope Lotus can get that sorted in time.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, Dommo said:

He also told me that there would be a lot more colour options when you can choose to commit to a build slot. 😁

That's new information.  

Good News:  More colour options!

Bad News: I can't even decide on the ones we already have!! 🙈

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

13 hours ago, Bibs said:

I hope you can choose not to have those options 😅  One thing I love about the Evora is the lack of electronics that get in the way.

Good to see you around @Cooper, your old Evora is still going strong 3 years on!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Relic222 said:

One thing I love about the Evora is the lack of electronics that get in the way.

Erm, there are plenty of electronics between the driver and the road on the Evora: ABS, TC, DSC, e-diff. Not all of them can be turned off. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ramjet said:

I certainly hope that people will be able to have a test drive before then as well. Hope Lotus can get that sorted in time.

Thanks for the welcome. 🙏🏻 

I forgot to ask when test drives would be available but I’ll be speccing a Manual V6 for sure. 😎

Edited by Dommo

What I've heard from the Swiss dealer is that the roadshow (not sure if they will arrive to Switzerland yet, though, would be a shame if they didn't...) will be a static presentation only and that they'll have a "driveable" demo car in March. Could be different for the UK, though. If so, you're all a bunch of lucky bastards. 😂

• Gold FFM

Well; not driving it wont actually put ME off but it may for others.

I'd still be surprised. If only journos drove it then that would help.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

@Evotioni have also heard that the September roadshow around the dealers, will give an opportunity for test drives. Then watch the excitement bubble go ballistic with even more people putting a deposit on the car

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I wonder when Australia is likely to get any sort of demo car?