free hit
counters
Emira deposits and build slots - Page 9 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Emira deposits and build slots

simonb

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Take an (oblique) look at this advert from 1989. Nearly every vehicle priced well over RRP. 

And then that particular bubble went ‘pop’. 

I've just checked my credit card statement and there is nothing from Lotus showing a £2,000 deposit?

Lotus emailed me my deposit reference number when I ordered, so I assume I'm on the list

any ideas?

"early next year press drives when we have PP (pre production) cars ready"

rather suggests that we are buying blind (well not really blind, it looks good, and the evora *not the same* drives really well)

Speaking of which - I know that Emira's based on Evora and all, but having never driven any Lotus, I was only able to set up a test drive in Exige (as the dealer doesn't have any Evoras) - mostly to check the engine out - I know it's a much lighter car, but would you recommend to look out for something specific during the test drive, that could be applicable for an Emira as well?

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, glen8 said:

I've just checked my credit card statement and there is nothing from Lotus showing a £2,000 deposit?

Lotus emailed me my deposit reference number when I ordered, so I assume I'm on the list

any ideas?

From the website pre-order/deposit page :-

"Please direct all Priority Order Fee questions to Lotus on +44 800 804 4577. Lines are open during UK business hours Monday to Friday. Alternatively please email [email protected]"

1 hour ago, emstan said:

Speaking of which - I know that Emira's based on Evora and all, but having never driven any Lotus, I was only able to set up a test drive in Exige (as the dealer doesn't have any Evoras) - mostly to check the engine out - I know it's a much lighter car, but would you recommend to look out for something specific during the test drive, that could be applicable for an Emira as well?

I'd take the Exige 100% for a Lotus experience If anything, But I'd tell the dealer as soon as they get an Evora to contact you as this will be 'closer' to what you could expect from Emira?? Don't know what others think?. You will love the Exige in It's own right and like you say you get a feel for the engine gearchange sound etc. Cabin/ride/view out will be a lot different as you have already mentioned. :) have fun.

20 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

My first drive of an Evora GTE was bringing mine round from the now defunct Lotus Motorsport building to the factory Gatehouse to sign the security paperwork allowing it out of the complex. Payment had already been made in full. To be fair, I had just swapped from an LE, so it wasn’t that different. Here are two photos taken at the Gatehouse at the end of that 200 metre first journey.

FWoXmiK.jpg

gYZbibE.jpg

Now that looks amazing! Wow, I can only imagine how you must have felt that day. Special looking thing especially in Black actually. 

• Like 1

On 16/07/2021 at 08:12, Frickin_idiot said:

Deposit just placed on the Lotus Website.

I am based in South Wales so will be looking for recommendations on supplying dealer.

Emira here I come!

Contact your closest dealer and let them know you have placed a deposit - they will ask for the order reference then they will look after you from there

construction and property consultants : My company

• Gold FFM

I spoke to them directly at the hub, the relationship manager was extremely helpful.

• Gold FFM
On 16/07/2021 at 08:12, Frickin_idiot said:

Deposit just placed on the Lotus Website.

I am based in South Wales so will be looking for recommendations on supplying dealer.

Emira here I come!

I would guess they will point you toward Rybrook Bristol as its the nearest to you. They are the newly appointed dealers for the South West, replacing Howard’s Weston SuperMare. Rybrook’s site is just as you approach Cribbs Causeway shopping mall.

5 hours ago, JimH said:

From the website pre-order/deposit page :-

"Please direct all Priority Order Fee questions to Lotus on +44 800 804 4577. Lines are open during UK business hours Monday to Friday. Alternatively please email [email protected]"

Meant to add Relationship Manager I spoke with was Isabelle, she was brilliant.

I found Howards really keen on Lotus, it was not their choice to leave Lotus. Williams are still a dealer but a bit north of Bristol, they have got a longer history and experience of being a dealer. Have not had any experience of either.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Bought my Elise from Howard’s back in 2018, they were okay to deal with but they are a multi brand dealer of everyday cars and the Lotus section was tucked away around the rear of their complex. I used Williams for all my servicing and two small warranty repairs they have a great little place (converted barns) near Chipping Sodbury a family business selling only Caterham, Morgan and Lotus. When I spoke to Lotus their suggestion was Rybrook for the supplying dealer? But will probably stick with Williams for servicing if I’m able. Rybrook is close to John Lewis, if my wife finds this out each visit there will be doubly expensive 😳

• Gold FFM

Rybrook McLaren Birmingham are superstars for servicing - great attitude and really care. If that translates to the sales team, good news. 

And hopefully to Lotus servicing too but if you have a trusted Lotus guru, great. 

Justin 

• Like 1

Placed my deposit through these, the sales man Ian has been really helpful, chatted for half an hour about cars when I first made an enquiry, really nice chap.

Future wish list - Exige V6

From memory to get one of the first Alpine A110, I bought the car without access to a test drive.  Have no problems with this for the Emira having owned numerous models to date, so know it will be stunning, but can imagine it will hold some new to the marque  back. 

Also similar to other other current Lotus owners, have no interest in all the extra options so FE is going to be a struggle for me personally to justify.  Also want orange paint ;) 

Edited by DJW
  • Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

On 17/07/2021 at 09:25, glen8 said:

any ideas?

I had problems with my deposit. I used a Nationwide account (debit card) and everything seemed to go through and I got the e.mail from Lotus straight away. Soon after the transaction, Nationwide put a stop on my account and I spoke to them and they said that the transaction was classed as unusual activity. I phoned Lotus (0800 8044577) and they couldn't verify immediately if the payment had cleared with them and I had to wait until next day. Lotus were fantastic on the phone and phoned me back the next day and asked me to try the payment again. I phoned the bank first to tell them I was about to make the payment and they reassured me that all would be well this time. 

The payment failed again (there was plenty of available cash in the account to cover the cost), so I tried again with a credit card and it went through with no problems. I can understand the banks being cautious, but it is very frustrating when you tell them about a transaction that you are making and they still stop it.

My only issue is that I lost a day of being in the deposit queue, but Lotus did say that they will try to honour my first attempt as being my queue position. 

I would give them a call on 0800 8044577 to confirm things, they are super helpful. Also worth contacting your local dealer (if you haven't already) and get on their radar ready for September when we get pricing and start the configuration process.

Which engine are you going for?

During payment, the Halifax text me a passcode to authorize the payment so it should have gone through ok.  I'll ring them tomorrow.

I'm not sure about the engine yet.  My head says AMG, but it just sounds awful compared to the V6.  I've still not yet cancelled by porsche order....that NA 4.0 is keeping me hanging on.

48 minutes ago, glen8 said:

During payment, the Halifax text me a passcode to authorize the payment so it should have gone through ok.  I'll ring them tomorrow.

I'm not sure about the engine yet.  My head says AMG, but it just sounds awful compared to the V6.  I've still not yet cancelled by porsche order....that NA 4.0 is keeping me hanging on.

The same hapened for me, I went through the verified by Visa and then got the validation number text to the mobile to confirm from the bank and all looked OK, but they still stopped the payment, so well worth phoning to check.

• Gold FFM

Seems there have been a number of difficulties with the on line deposits. One point I raised was that it may not recognise registering when using Apple devices? We ended up using a Microsoft device and it registered immediately but my bank rejected it as the device was unknown. So several phone calls with three parties on line and it was done⁉️ 🤔 but just thought I’d better check my account.  Never thought I’d actually be happy seeing that I’m £2000 down 🥳👍

• Haha 1

On Saturday, I received an email from Lotus Silverstone which said that all the predicted 2022 build slots were sold out.  They are "still taking deposits for deliveries in 2023 (more accurate timeframe will be available once full details will be available later in the year; September time)."

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE