free hit
counters
Evora prices post Emira launch - Page 5 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content


Evora prices post Emira launch


Cdm2018

Recommended Posts

Finally, someone said it.

My Esprit has 264bhp and is plenty fast enough. OK. Some guy in an AMG Merc was in from of me coming through the forest near where I live. I could not keep up with him in the straights, but come every corner, I was right on his tail again. I really wanted him to pullover and let me lead for a bit to see whether he could keep up with me. He didn't :( Even my son commented and said at least the guy was having a real go at it.

Oh and it weighs 1,340kg.

So 1400kg and ~400hp and people are all hmmmm?

 

  • Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

On the two points active here:

Speed, I agree, it's more fun having a bit less speed on the road. You can be going seriously quickly in a short space of time if you aren't careful and that means you feel you are holding back all the time which can get in the way in my opinion.

 

Safety tech, I'm a little biased here but you can be affected by problems such as sleep apnea that you may not at all be aware of and can trigger micro-sleeps that you also won't notice even if you aren't feeling drowsy. These can mean that you lose control or miss something in an instant. The newest and best systems can instantly detect these and save your life. Also will help you in case of incapacitation due to any number of other medical issues - The Emira won't have this full avoidance system (you need electric steering) but, honestly, the more cars that have it on the road the better. You may even learn of medical conditions that you have that you didn't know about that makes your life a whole lot better and that can't be a bad thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just wanted to check something that Jayemm said in his video. The point is at 6:10.

Lotus should not have the same diameter front and rear just because design wanted it that way.

Well I'm quite sure that the dynamics engineers would have sorted it out. It's not like Lotus haven't had the same diameter before.

My S4 is 17" diameter all round. Heresy, apparently.

 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

However did we survive this long without micro-sleep detecting cars? Volvo will always be a better choice for the anxiety ridden who would be terrified by a Lotus Emira in any case. The same logic leads to cars which can't exceed 70mph. Heck that sounds a bit risky, I'm sure the stats on fatal accidents plummet below 50mph...

People with 'any number of medical conditions' that impair their driving should not be driving. Nor should they be thinking of buying a fast car. To think they'll be OK because their car will detect them losing consciousness behind the wheel is complete madness.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thread is in danger of becoming an Emira thread, but re the wheel diameter, and a few other things. This car is not a track focused car. Unlike the Evora that was originally designed a plus 2 Elise, very basic and then upgraded, the Emira is designed as a road car with all the comfort and aesthetics compromises that entails.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're right Paul and I was as guilty of derailing the topic as welI.

Back to Evora prices folks.

 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

True. Also when the uprated Emira eventually comes out, they’ll probably all be hoovered up by lunchtime. Compare that to the aeons it took Lotus to sell the limited edition Evoras. I don’t think they ever did get close to the total planned sales of the 430 did they?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IIRC that they sold more than allocated in the UK in the end. It didn't do too badly considering the price over other models in the Evora range. 

  • Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Emira is a global success, which it should be, and interest/awareness of Lotus as a marque, and the Evora as the hand- built analogue precursor to the Emira rises accordingly,  then I can see a lot of Evoras being snapped up and disappearing overseas. 

But there again, what do I know?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More to the point the wait for Emira will be long and likely subject to further delays (FE cars are delayed currently) so what could be better for impatient excitable owners than running an Evora for 6-12months? Values could even firm up over the next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One other consideration is The EVORA is in Lotus history as to the Porsche 964 the EMIRA is a 993.

The Next Porsche cars are the 996... as a comparison in history which is now, all be it many years down the track, which is the most valuable of the Porsche's now

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM
On 14/07/2021 at 12:00, TdM said:

On the two points active here:

Speed, I agree, it's more fun having a bit less speed on the road. You can be going seriously quickly in a short space of time if you aren't careful and that means you feel you are holding back all the time which can get in the way in my opinion.

 

Safety tech, I'm a little biased here but you can be affected by problems such as sleep apnea that you may not at all be aware of and can trigger micro-sleeps that you also won't notice even if you aren't feeling drowsy. These can mean that you lose control or miss something in an instant. The newest and best systems can instantly detect these and save your life. Also will help you in case of incapacitation due to any number of other medical issues - The Emira won't have this full avoidance system (you need electric steering) but, honestly, the more cars that have it on the road the better. You may even learn of medical conditions that you have that you didn't know about that makes your life a whole lot better and that can't be a bad thing.

You seem to know a bit about these computer systems that detect drowsiness.  I have recently invested in this company https://www.seeingmachines.com  via an ISA.  Is this the system that all car manufacturers are using or are there lots of different systems available on the market?  Just curious if you know more about this industry.

All the Best

Greg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

Reading the comments here.  Knowing that the Evora is a great car and having a deposit down on an Emira. the pull the the more analogue car is pretty strong. Although I did think the prices on Evoras would reduce, If they do I don't think they will for long.  End of September I get to make my mind up.

All the Best

Greg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

You seem to know a bit about these computer systems that detect drowsiness.  I have recently invested in this company https://www.seeingmachines.com  via an ISA.  Is this the system that all car manufacturers are using or are there lots of different systems available on the market?  Just curious if you know more about this industry.

I'll IM you as it's a bit OT

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the NA cars have bottomed out now and will keep going north for a bit and probably firm up at £30k ish. S cars slightly more £35-40k.

as for the 400’s they may take a knock to start with but think they will be a £60k car in the feature. All eve peas are going to be collectible mainly because, they look exotic, sound fantastic, drive very well and are cheap to run. The emira in my opinion will get people looking at evoras, and thinking yes the interior is not as good but it looks fab and has rear seats (sort of)

I am keeping mom long term hopefully. Wish I did with my old intergrale and alpine a610, as they are all worth far more than what I paid for them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hughesy83 said:

I think the NA cars have bottomed out now and will keep going north for a bit and probably firm up at £30k ish. S cars slightly more £35-40k.

as for the 400’s they may take a knock to start with but think they will be a £60k car in the feature. All eve peas are going to be collectible mainly because, they look exotic, sound fantastic, drive very well and are cheap to run. The emira in my opinion will get people looking at evoras, and thinking yes the interior is not as good but it looks fab and has rear seats (sort of)

I am keeping mom long term hopefully. Wish I did with my old intergrale and alpine a610, as they are all worth far more than what I paid for them.

If classic status is achieved, do you really think a 400 is double an NA?

FWIW, in Oz NAs are already asking your equivalent of 38k plus… (and rising thanks to COVID pricing)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...