free hit
counters
Regret buying a final edition? - Page 5 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Regret buying a final edition?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That looks wicked. 
very brave but you absolutely nailed it. Will be absolutely spectacular in the flesh 👌

I love my fire red and I’ve got some pics that I think look brilliant. But in the flesh it’s on a whole different level. 
I’ve yet to see an Exige that I don’t like though so I think I’m a bit biased 😬

Hey Sam, I’ve seen your car. It looks incredible. Mine is the second 420FE sold in NZ but have to wait until 2022 to get it. Where are you located?

Jason

Here are some photos I took of your machine Sam. 

83E85B88-F4F4-4777-8745-C7366C3F79E7.jpeg

1882486D-BEEA-487F-824B-55B28DB85A00.jpeg

91AFA931-7EEC-48D6-BB38-8A0E97CE03A3.jpeg

D8FAADA0-45BE-48EA-AC64-202CAF45AF2D.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi Jason, Thanks for the pics! I have still yet to see it other than a few pics and phone videos so it's great to see more.

I just got word that it is slightly delayed and now expect it to turn up on Wednesday.

Congrats on picking one up! How did that work? Do you have a factory build on the way or one of the re-routed cars Chris says he's managed to secure? What is the spec?

I was originally looking to import from the UK privately which would have meant a wait to around March 2022. I've found the wait gets worse the closer you get to delivery!

I'm on the Kapiti Coast in Wellington. Hence unable to get to Akl to pick up.

Are you in the NZ Lotus club?

Thanks again for the pics.

I bet you're busting to get in it Sam!

I've been lusting after a lightweight machine for years really, watching TM for Lotus but they rarely come up.  Briefly considered importing one myself then out of the blue learned about Gillies opening a Lotus dealership.  By the time I made contact (about two days later) the 430 and your 420 had sold and I was left to pick over the remaining stock.  Was disappointed I couldn't spec one myself but what I'm getting is pretty close; my first Lotus.  Have sold my 964 Turbo of nearly 10 years to fund it which has given me some change too!

420, essex blue, black wheels, carbon roof, diffuser, yellow callipers, carpets, mats, leather/alcantara interior, alcantara sills, cruise control(?), kill and fire bottle (not sure if I will leave the extinguisher in or remove it - the missus is already a bit grim about the decision and she hasn't climbed over the sill yet...).  Will be NZ new not a diverted car but build date schedule December so won't see it until next year.

I drove the black 390 and absolutely loved it.  Such a different feel to the old 964 though doesn't quite feel as well put together - guess that is a Lotus trade mark - what did Graham Hill say?  If you get overtaken by your rear wheel, you know you're in a Lotus.  All part of it.  Just hope it is at least half as reliable as my 30 y/o Porsche was.

Not in the Lotus club but guess I will sign up next year.  You're obviously a Lotus veteran?  Are there many Kiwis that lurk these pages?

You chaps might find a few more local members here :)

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/423-topics/

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Not at all :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

9 hours ago, Sam Downey said:

I picked it up today. It's soooo hard being good and not pressing the throttle hard or going over 4,000 revs. But at the same time, it's just amazing.
It lacks carpet or sound deadening, yet its quieter and more comfortable than my 111R on Penske coilovers. The gearshift is nicely precise, but surprisingly light. The steering is lighter than my Elise (I'm convinced the steering on the Elise is somehow heavier than it should be). It's easier and nicer to drive all around and the ride is just amazing. Finally, there is the "magic carpet" Lotus ride I've read about and experienced in others cars!

I've never driven a V6 Exige before, and it's better than I imagined it would be. It doesn't really feel bigger than the Elise, more like a super stable and ever so slightly swollen Elise. And the engine is giving the impression that when I do get to push my foot down harder it's going to be mega.
Only one day in so far, but definitely don't regret buying a final edition so far ;)

IMG_20211020_16383501.jpg

Congrats Sam and great write up!

On 20/10/2021 at 10:59, David Standing said:

Picked up mine yesterday afternoon, took the long way home - window open all the way, exhaust bypass switch ON.  It's LOUD 😁

It was just getting dusk, the photos don't do Plum Crazy justice.

Do I regret buying a final edition?  What do you think?! 😉

Congrats 👌 Hey, you have the FE and the exhaust bypass switch? As far as I know, there is no exhaust button on the FE. 

I ordered the CUP430, but I guess I will get the komo-tec exhaust flap kit before my FE 😁

3 minutes ago, Inversed said:

@ToqcarsApparently it can be easily installed. Switch text is even supported on TFT dash from factory.

That would be great. I asked dealer about it. They said that it is not possible, because there is no more cabling under the dash for the button. That the only working solution for this is the komo-tec solution with a remote control. 

What so I need to integrate it/make it work? Is there some kind of guide/pictures? 

I don't know, I haven't received the car yet. Also I haven't got answer from my dealer about this issue.
However there are few people on forum who already have it installed, there is someone who also was told by dealer that it can't be done.
Maybe some cars have it, some dont as they could be using old stock from random versions of cars? Hopefully someone can help clearing up the situation.

@Inversed, this is what my dealer told me. Please note that the car is made for the german market

Since MY19 there is no button for the exhaust valve on the steering wheel column. Since MY20 there is no possibility to retro fit that button. We can fit the remote control and transponder for you if you want to.

I also read on some other forum that its not just cabling, but ECU as well. If we put cable inside, ECU will not “listen” exhaust button. 

So, waiting for someone who retrofitted it on the FE 🙂

PS: found the topic on this forum under exterior/interior category:

Edited by Toqcars

My ecu threw a wobbly when the dealer tried to install the valve switch on mine, I picked it up with a warning light on the dash that they couldn’t clear until they had talked it through with lotus. When they had it back to clear the warning light they said mine wouldn’t accept a switch. Not sure if this is gospel or they couldn’t be bothered, but I’m not too bothered as I like the Jekyll and Hyde nature at 4.5k