free hit
counters
Regret buying a final edition? - Page 6 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Regret buying a final edition?

Interesting. It does sound like Inversed's guess is probably correct. Certain old parts (not really sure what though, surely the ECU coding on all FE's is the same?) on some cars mean you might be able to use a switch, but on other cars not.

I would like a switch a guess, but certainly not that bothered. I also like the Jekyll and Hyde nature of it. Sound wise the effect is like a vtec turned up to 11.5!

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Never heard an exige with flaps in person. Since all modern cars are supersilent at idle (for example Porsche GT4 - yeah, particle filter), I am afraid mine will be too silent. But when you mentioned VTEC like sound features... I guess I will wait with a flap kit for now 😀

I feel the other way, people who aren’t strictly “car nuts” often turn their noses up at a sportscar before they’ve even seen it due to the noise. I’ve had some great positive reactions because I take people by surprise when they hear a Toyota Camry driving up behind them, only to turn round and see a pretty little sportscar.

Yes, in certain crowds the burble would be more appreciated, but in general traffic, I like to be understated.(well, as understated as an Exige can be….)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 390ja said:

I feel the other way, people who aren’t strictly “car nuts” often turn their noses up at a sportscar before they’ve even seen it due to the noise. I’ve had some great positive reactions because I take people by surprise when they hear a Toyota Camry driving up behind them, only to turn round and see a pretty little sportscar.

Yes, in certain crowds the burble would be more appreciated, but in general traffic, I like to be understated.(well, as understated as an Exige can be….)

I drive hybrid as well... and its the most hated car by any crowd I've ever owned. Non-car people hate it because can't hear it and are always confused whether will it move or parked. Car-people don't like it (because hybrid), even though its faster on many races than the traditional sport cars. But fast is not all, right?

Sound was big thing when deciding for an Exige, but not the most important. I mostly got it due to the lack of weight, power-to-weight ratio,  RTT (ready for track) and because and wanted to have Lotus from the day I found out that the Lotus exists 😀 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jcx said:

Fair enough. Each to their own.  For me the sound is an enormous part of the Exige's beauty and I have not yet met or passed a person who did anything other than gaze longingly or show appreciation in one way or another.  I never anticipated such goodwill.

I’ve received way more goodwill than I expected too, so maybe regardless of noise, it’s just the car that is appreciated 👍

• Like 2

Depends how much goodwill you expected and how much you actually get 🤣 -- sorry couldnt resist. 😘

As a Porsche driver I expected zero goodwill (in the lower ranges) to negligible goodwill (in the upper ranges) 🤣. So with ~total goodwill i am genuinely blown away.  My mates all enjoy it vicariously too.  They love the response we get on road trips.  For sure lots of the goodwill is a visual appreciation thing, aural and home-grown appreciation also registers.

• Like 1

Well done Matt!

210 miles in, I have had endless reactions, probably because I persist in driving it slowly through high street shopping areas with the exhaust valve open 😁 😁

You can take the boy out of Essex, etc.......😉

• Like 2

You might have a point, most of my driving has been in the Yorkshire Dales, been awesome. 

Could be grumpy yorkshire folk I guess 🙂

(I've been living here for 35 years before anyone has a go!!!!) 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Matt W said:

Well as the Op I finally collected mine last Friday, just over 250 miles so far and definitely not regretting buying it at all (though the passenger door leaks and the brake is spongy and needs looking at). 

Interesting what folks say about reactions, I've not had a soul react, driving or at two fill ups, but I'm very early into ownership - maybe because it's not plum!! 

Wow, that color combo is awesome. 👍 Is this fire red color?

About the spongy brakes... will you de-air it or just took it to the service center? 

Very pleased with the colour, yes it's Fire Red. Originally I was set on the grey until my daughter persuaded me to go red, she was totally right. 

I'm just getting in touch with Lotus about the brakes, the bite point definitely comes up after 2 or 3 pumps, so does seem like air in there, I'll get them to check it over. 

It's been three weeks for me since I've received pictures from my mis-specced Exige. Since now I got confirmation that I will receive new parts (not repainted as they firstly suggested and later on figured out they can't do)and I still don't have an approximate date when the issue will be resolved. I want to drive it badly, but I'm willing to wait till it's same as I want. At least I'm getting rear transom in black like I always wanted, but none of the other black-pack parts.

Edited by Inversed

Congrats Matt! Looks great!
I think that is great news Inversed. Yes, your admirable patience will be tested further, but it is a virtue so they say, and you will now get the perfect spec that you wanted, when originally you were told 'no' to the black transom from memory? It will all be worth it when you hop in and drive away for the first time ;)

14 hours ago, David Standing said:

Well done Matt!

210 miles in, I have had endless reactions, probably because I persist in driving it slowly through high street shopping areas with the exhaust valve open 😁 😁

You can take the boy out of Essex, etc.......😉

It is irresistable isnt it. 🤣

12 minutes ago, TTim said:

-- I can't go out in the morning without waking up the household and neighborhood 🤣

they will get used to it. 😅  They should be paying you for the aural pleasure!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1