free hit
counters
Elite - body under the rear window not straight - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Elite - body under the rear window not straight

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dion. As far as I know this not normal is there any sign of it ever been hit at the rear. I have owned three Elites over the years and have never seen it.

All the best Clive

Stiffening required?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Maybe it is a trick of the light - shadows etc. I guess it does not help the pic of my car is taken from 3/4 from the rear. Looking at an Elite on Ebay UK this also is slightly curved below the rear hatch. 

How come so many Elites are without the rear wiper? Is it because the when you open if from the inside, you cannot see if the wiper is rested below the window? Will the wiper break if it is on the window when you try to open the window?

s-l1600.jpg

There should be a ramp on the body and a roller on the wiper.  At 'home' position, the wiper rides the ramp and sits below the hatch. 

It's a crazy design detail, but presumably it works when all set up correctly - but only just. 

Tony 

17 hours ago, Tony D said:

There should be a ramp on the body and a roller on the wiper.  At 'home' position, the wiper rides the ramp and sits below the hatch.

That sounds like the same solution the Rover P4 has. When parked the wipers are off the windscreen. Maybe it is an old habit from cars having opening windscreens.

17 hours ago, Tony D said:

It's a crazy design detail, but presumably it works when all set up correctly - but only just. 

This is something you see a lot with British classics. For example the cooling system - very often this fails because it only just works successfully when all components are 100%. Which of course after a few years they are not.