free hit
counters
New Emira Video | Including a bombshell - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New Emira Video | Including a bombshell

Evotion

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I have also been told there will now be a second shift.  Not surprising as they are looking at 2000 UK deposits alone. Not sure how China has received it - launched there yesterday.

Factor in the world and this could start getting silly, even after drop outs.

• Like 2

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

wb2.jpg

• Gold FFM

Yeah, that extra HP makes a huge difference actually. Helps with the differentiation over the i4 too.

Happy, happy days!

• Like 1

wb2.jpg

• Gold FFM

416hp in the v6?

the 4 pots 80kg lighter and if it’s the a45 lump it’s good for 450hp? 
The likes of komotec must be creaming themselves over this.

• Like 1

Only here once

• Love 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

55 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

416hp in the v6?

the 4 pots 80kg lighter and if it’s the a45 lump it’s good for 450hp? 
The likes of komotec must be creaming themselves over this.

Out of interest where do you get that weight figure from? I'm pretty sure that there's not a great deal of difference, circa 15kg. Like for like.

Thanks for the video update Ade.  Worth it just for the expression on Matt Windle's face when you told him you had two deposits :) 

Some useful snippets of new info.  Do you think there's some confusion between BHP and PS?  The Evora 410 variants are 410 BHP = 416 PS.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Could be. Either way, is is better than 400.

I suspect that will be absolutely fine for this car. Those who want a beast can and will modify the AMG unit for  few hundred bucks.

I might myself but will see how it goes. It is never ALL about power.

• Like 1

wb2.jpg

• Gold FFM
10 minutes ago, Evotion said:

It is never ALL about power

Correct - weight is also key. And if the i4 amg is lighter 🤔

Only here once

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, JAWS said:

Out of interest where do you get that weight figure from? I'm pretty sure that there's not a great deal of difference, circa 15kg. Like for like.

The figures I've found for both (again, internet) is that like for like, the V6 without a supercharger is circa 20KG more. The supercharger seems to be somewhere in the 30Kg range. So around 50Kg seems about right.

You sure he wasn't talking about the AMG unit being 416?? as It happens to be 416 in the A45 seems an odd number to throw out re the V6?. Thanks for sharing I'm really enjoying all the new Emira content from Goodwood 🙏 would be very interesting as this was my thoughts when I mentioned them not 'actually' detuning including V6 Sorry If I'm just completely missing something, I'll have another listen to your chat! 😉

EDIT He did say V6! sorry It's late and still in shock re England match🙄

Edited by JCR

• Gold FFM

No worries. I wonder how much they are willing to get out of it. They might only add another 10 HP or so. 

Those wanting a lot more power will have to get the i4

wb2.jpg

• Gold FFM

Well @Evotionthey've already had 430 out of it and it's been confirmed Lotus has reliably taken it to 460. So let's see.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Well @Evotionthey've already had 430 out of it and it's been confirmed Lotus has reliably taken it to 460. So let's see.

In a bit of my 'Chat with Matt' he said something about more power like that but he didn't seem convinced it was the right thing to do. He seemed understanding of people wanting more power to get the i4 and boost it up as they desire.  

I wont touch the V6 - I am sure once I drive it, I will love it and everything about it.  The i4.... well, see how it goes. if it lacks ultimate grunt on the track then something might have to be done.

wb2.jpg

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Yeah @C8RKHbut what will the gearbox take??? 

And please don’t mention the clutch"

No idea Barry but I have no complaints on my 410.

Probably one of the few on hear who does NOT have a deposit down for the Emira.

Not sure it is for me. Love the looks and styling. Think Lotus have done a great job both inside and out. Pretty sure it will be a huge success. BUT, not sure it really moves the game on from my 410 which I love. Been back looking at a 570....!

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

:) You know my enthusiasm level but I still think you are 100% right. It will not match the experience  of the later Evoras and Exiges.

Would make a great second car for the 'other' journeys though.

• Like 1

wb2.jpg

53 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Probably one of the few on hear who does NOT have a deposit down for the Emira.

Not sure it is for me. Love the looks and styling. Think Lotus have done a great job both inside and out. Pretty sure it will be a huge success. BUT, not sure it really moves the game on from my 410 which I love. Been back looking at a 570....!

+ 1

My view as well at the present time. 

It's certainly a great design though.

• Like 1