Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
So who has an Emira order in Scotland? - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

So who has an Emira order in Scotland?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi George, great to see you coming back to the fold. I am with you on not interested in being a Lotus test driver again so will sit and wait like you. ** I only paid up so I wasn’t too far back when the deposits started going nuts. I also want to experience the AMG before making a decision or at least seeing what EVO and Co think is the sweet spot of all 3 of the options. 

** for anybody thinking I’m having a dig at Lotus there it isn’t only them on their inevitable smaller development budget. We had one of the first Evoque’s on the road, the turbo petrol one and it was 8 years of total grief from the day bought to the day sold (with problems) and never happier to see the back of it. It cost JLR a lot under warranty and continued to cause grief (As Bingoking can attest to!) 

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 2 years later...

Well, I cancelled my order with Lotus for my i4 on Thursday. My initial deposit was paid on 9th July 2021, 2nd configuration deposit paid 29th April 2022 and was 'locked"in for August production, then September and then October.

At the beginning of October I emailed Customer Care to ask what build week my car was scheduled for only to receive a reply saying there was a further delay and they would get back to me in a few weeks.😡

I have since paid a deposit with Lotus Glasgow for a V6 Auto in Verdant Green and will pick it up on return from holiday next months.

I have been totally frustrated with the whole buying process which is completely faceless and nothing like sitting down with a salesman in the showroom with a cup of coffee.

9 hours ago, bingoking said:

Well, I cancelled my order with Lotus for my i4 on Thursday. My initial deposit was paid on 9th July 2021, 2nd configuration deposit paid 29th April 2022 and was 'locked"in for August production, then September and then October.

At the beginning of October I emailed Customer Care to ask what build week my car was scheduled for only to receive a reply saying there was a further delay and they would get back to me in a few weeks.😡

I have since paid a deposit with Lotus Glasgow for a V6 Auto in Verdant Green and will pick it up on return from holiday next months.

I have been totally frustrated with the whole buying process which is completely faceless and nothing like sitting down with a salesman in the showroom with a cup of coffee.

I’m not convinced that lotus are best equipped to sell cars in this new model.

18 hours ago, bingoking said:

have since paid a deposit with Lotus Glasgow for a V6 Auto in Verdant Green and will pick it up on return from holiday next months.

I think that's an excellent choice and will be a great looking car. Interior colour?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• 2 months later...