free hit
counters
Centre dash S1 stretched leather - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Centre dash S1 stretched leather

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I’m in same position almost identical !

I am going to get the whole dash covering replaced I think best option as the problem will just return through time and effects of sun heat and even cold as leather oils change 

my local lotus dealership quoted me around £500-600 to get the dash done my dilemma what coverings to go for leather or alcantara  ? 

• Like 1

My airbag is typical Evora lob sided etc and not sure if I will get sorted at same time but will ask the dealership 

My seats also need attention worn and coming away from seat backing , the door handles are loose the tint clips need replacing so might get close to £1k 🙁🙁🙁

• Sad 1

All adds up, but surely it makes financial sense to get the air bag done the same time if the dash is coming out and you’ll want the air bag to match?

hence my thought, stay with the same and add a piece of similar matching leather over to cover. Although I’ll like to hear of others experiences

• Gold FFM

600 pounds to take that dash our recover it and put it back , is an absolute steel...   

no brainer to get the air bag clips fixed at same time..

that is a ball ache of a job taking that dash apart.. 

• Gold FFM

Can you not get it retrimmed by someone into something less affected by the sun? Better quality leather must be fine as other cars don't have this issue. If I was retrimming the whole dash, I'd just upgrade it at the same time... Although it'll cost a bit more than the current quoted price.

Not sure if the base covering needs sorting as this would be shrinking over time before wrapping anything else ? 
would carbon fibre type of covering be any less prone to heat /cold effects ?

as my car sits out all year I need to consider this , I am using a sunshade during this hot spell even in sunny Scotland lol 

• Gold FFM

It's funny, I've had leather dashes on old cars before and never had an issue leaving it out in the sun. This suggests to me that it's the particular leather that they are using that is the problem (or the way they are fitting it). It must be sortable fairly easily by a retrimmer

Yes I am hoping the interior trimmer used by my local lotus dealership is knowledgable of such products ?

I suspect I will end up with a leather type of covering although ii hope it contains properties that prevent the deterioration from occurring again in future ?