free hit
counters
Help with buying an S3 NA wanted - Page 3 - Wanted - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Help with buying an S3 NA wanted

SimonJam

2 hours ago, SimonJam said:

I love it. Just what I’m after. Looks the part too. Do you think the mileage is anything to ge concerned with. Seems to have had lots of work done though 

You need to look at it as soon as possible then because the car probably won't be about long

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ok I’m viewing the black S3 today. Owner “seems” genuine and a real car nut. He has other Esprits in various states of renovation too and seems to know what he’s talking about. Pretty much everything on the car has been replaced includes a top end rebuild when a previous owner snapped the cam belt. 

any tiings I need to pay particular attention too other than the normal old car checks. 

Many thanks guys I’m very exited. But I need to stay focused to avoid a costly mistake.

• Gold FFM

You simply want as much documentation of the rebuild as possible.

it does look superb though - check the underside - suspension bushes should all be nice and new if it’s truly been restored

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Other than the usual things and Barry's advice above, make sure all the electrics work, the fans kick in at the right time and all the keys are present and lock/unlock appropriately.

• Like 1

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

• Gold FFM
21 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Mileage is largely irrelevant. I mean Kylie Minogue must have some miles on her - but I’d love a go.

dogs run after cars but they cant drive emm !!! 😁

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
23 minutes ago, Bling said:

Other than the usual things and Barry's advice above, make sure all the electrics work, the fans kick in at the right time and all the keys are present and lock/unlock appropriately.

Also, check the age of tyres, You may need to budget for a new set or negotiate the price

• Like 1

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

• Gold FFM

Tyres - oh yes - if they are 4 years old or older - then replace them. Every single esprit I’ve ever bought has always had ancient old junk on each corner - tyres are a very important part of the esprit and the most overlooked for sure.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

That black S3 popped up on my Ebay alerts yesterday too and looks quite nice, and sounds like it's had a lot of work done recently.

What did you think, if you did manage to go and see it?

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

He must surely be installing it in the garage now.

Where "installing it" = praying all your measurements were correct and it will just squeeze in with a few centimetres to spare! At least, that was what my version of this was when my car arrived, and the delivery driver wasn't convinced it would go in...

• Haha 1

I feel in the right hands this could be a bargain and at £12k the parts alone appear good value.