free hit
counters
Sunday Breakfast 25/7 - Essendon Country Club. - Page 2 - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Sunday Breakfast 25/7 - Essendon Country Club.

ChrisJ

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Chris, Sorry I did not make it today hope all that did make it enjoyed the breakfast and the cars. Hopefully I will make the next meeting in one of my two Lotus'.

IMG_0039.jpg

Lotus Cortina Mk1 - Reg CNO 510B - 2 April 2016 -  LH External View.JPG

• Gold FFM

Hi all. Great morning meet as always. Thanks for organising @ChrisJ . Decent breakfast and chat with you all. 

I took a short video as a few of us left. 

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

Good turnout, and nice to be eating inside at Essendon again.

I did take a couple of photos this month.

y4msScfvJ_dbJe7KoKAE6r2gygLOUxsnYxd__bII

y4m9U4FwCqzgN1q53IlWhPRM36l7Mmda1ExdK4nL

Good news is that I found my keys, as someone suggested they had slipped inside the liner of my pocket - but had worked their way around the side, so when I checked the pocket area, they weren't there, and I couldn't feel them when sitting down.. The reason I found them is that when I got home the spare key for my wife's car had also "gone missing".

Next month were are at Dave & Megan's for a BBQ - I'll send an update via the PM later - as I'm just off out again.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Many thanks Chris for organising, and great to hear your keys were hiding in the lining - a most intriguing mystery!

Only my second TLF meet, so great to see some faces (and cars) from the last North Weald visit and some new ones (to me!). Will check our calendar for the August bank holiday, and if I don't see you there then will catch up at the next breakfast meet.

IMG_1235.JPG

IMG_1244.JPG

IMG_1248.JPG

IMG_1250.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

IMG_1254.JPG

And a few more pics

IMG_1257.JPG

IMG_1259.JPG

IMG_1263.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

Great photos

Glad that yours started - It's normally the turbos that give problems hot starting.

It's good to see that M100s are regularly coming to the meetings. I think that this is the 3rd one running where we've had at least 3 turn up.

2 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Good turnout, and nice to be eating inside at Essendon again.

I did take a couple of photos this month.

y4msScfvJ_dbJe7KoKAE6r2gygLOUxsnYxd__bII

y4m9U4FwCqzgN1q53IlWhPRM36l7Mmda1ExdK4nL

Good news is that I found my keys, as someone suggested they had slipped inside the liner of my pocket - but had worked their way around the side, so when I checked the pocket area, they weren't there, and I couldn't feel them when sitting down.. The reason I found them is that when I got home the spare key for my wife's car had also "gone missing".

Next month were are at Dave & Megan's for a BBQ - I'll send an update via the PM later - as I'm just off out again.

That’s 30 mins I’m never gonna get back looking for them. 😂

Glad you found them. I hope the wife gave you the bollocking you so rightly deserve. Xx

• Like 1

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Glad that yours started - It's normally the turbos that give problems hot starting.

Yes, I don't know what I did getting out of the car upon arrival, but after my two failed start attempts I found the throttle pedal was stuck flat to the floor... As soon as I kicked that and it spring back up, fired up instantly as always :-). Something that's never happened before so far so I shall know for next time!

Loose carpet? It's a known potential problem in Excels with the throttle pedal being caught by the carpet.

I find the HC engine in my Excel is way better at hot starting that the LC one in my Esprit, so I never worry about it, whereas in the Esprit it can be a bit of a turning over the engine for while.

E0AA2430-679B-4B17-8E93-76FDA8B1E0B4.jpeg

2E163705-C5B2-4A3B-8D4E-B29C035D16C5.jpeg

5A0A101D-E54A-421B-81AE-2721B371213E.jpeg

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

Anyone got a pic of the 3 M100s that I can steal and post on LEC to generate some more interest.....

Dave.

22 hours ago, Dave Eds said:

Anyone got a pic of the 3 M100s that I can steal and post on LEC to generate some more interest.....

D21302ED-AFDC-42C3-ABF2-20DAFC92104D.thumb.jpeg.8d32e3107d7d55fa57fba96502af3835.jpeg

1 minute ago, top-plumber said:

D21302ED-AFDC-42C3-ABF2-20DAFC92104D.thumb.jpeg.8d32e3107d7d55fa57fba96502af3835.jpeg

Be my guest @Dave Eds