free hit
counters
Hottest day of the year so far?? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hottest day of the year so far??

• Gold FFM

Well it’s been stunning today - so what have folks been upto in the glorious sunshine?

I’ve been getting ahead of the curve and have smashed a woodburner into the gym - cut the floor and set the hearth stones down yesterday - I’m ready for winter 👍 - just need some tile and a half’s for finishing the flashing.

51B692C1-E93B-4EAA-80A8-9C8BA44EF26C.jpeg.75731da43de01e4b72b3fdfda7f00716.jpeg

• Like 1

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
30 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

a woodburner into the gym

Had it running to keep you warm in case you were not warm enough???

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
43 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Had it running to keep you warm in case you were not warm enough???

That part of the house is on different levels to the main house - the next room up - about 3ft of steps is the room with the pool table in. That’s critical in the winter 😬

Only here once

• Gold FFM

It’s been sooo hot today - flashed the outside up though after I managed to get some tile an halfs that were a close match AE33C785-94A4-45DD-B1E7-04A006521579.thumb.jpeg.201d7d2ee4f574ecf5ed73991d8770e7.jpeg

Only here once

• Gold FFM
On 16/07/2021 at 21:27, windymiller said:

about fooking time we saw the sun its nearly august ffs !!! 😒 climate change ?? 🙄

Maybe move up here to Scotland Windy, I've seen lots and lots of sun this summer. It's been bloody lovely.

• Sad 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
Posted (edited)

Depends where you live up here. West coast, yup, it rains more which is why the farm land and forests are so green, lush and plush.

East coast, it's a lot dryer, especially Fife Coast up to Arbroath and to be honest the climate is lovely. Yup, 2 - 8 degress colder than the hot south, but 16 - 21c up here is just beautiful and the air is so fresh. So crisp. So clean. And it's just well, not jam packed with morons and muppets squeezing into non existent gaps on full roads. :)

Edited by Bravo73

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Weekend I was replacing a fence, which included replacing a concrete post with a 2ft cube of concrete attached to the base. That's nice work for directly in the sun with no shade at any time from dawn to dusk. Now Mon-Fri will be stuck in front of PC except moments of drink breaks etc.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Yesterday was a scorcher and I had hired a van to move my son and his mate into their new flight. Four flights of stairs, no lift then a final spiral staircase to get everything up.

The views are breath-taking but bugger me was I stiff, sore, and hurting today as we really got roasted yesterday....

However, not complaining and my vitamin D levels are fully topped up! :)

• Like 1

Had our field baled today (small bales, been getting them in while it is rather hot...had to stop for a cool drink or 2. Saw an unusual sight of a 'hay devil' moving the rowed up grass around - lasted about 5 mins.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Hot tub emptied and cleaned - now refilling with nice cold water.

next up is the esprit - a quick wash and she’s off for prom duty at 6

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

91F6969C-B837-4DBB-B459-41B07AB7B3AB.thumb.jpeg.3015c0b700dab5f75b39e77ee00ea33b.jpeg

suggested to my mate his son might prefer the convertible option with the weather being so nice. Luckily the Aircon works on the esprit 👍

• Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

id been booked in for a school leavers drop off and pick up but poor lad has had to self isolate due to covid in the class room so is missing his last 2 days at his school and the end of term bash 😒

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Yesterday was a scorcher and I had hired a van to move my son and his mate into their new flight. Four flights of stairs, no lift then a final spiral staircase to get everything up.

The views are breath-taking but bugger me was I stiff, sore, and hurting today as we really got roasted yesterday....

Think I would be all of those if I had been roasted 🤣

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Well my daughters form teacher was in charge of proceedings at the prom venue. 
Fair play he had pulled a blinder - he actually booked three Disney princesses as meet and greeters for folks being dropped off in cars. A right giggle that was 👍

• Like 1

Only here once

Were they out of work jack the rippers? :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

You can laugh chap - but with all the cameras, phone tracking, social media cookies etc - modern day serial killers have no option but to stop driving lorries and don a Disney Princess dress.

• Haha 1

Only here once

:lol:

It's rhyming slang in my neck of the woods!! 

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.