free hit
counters
Thoughts on the steering wheel? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Thoughts on the steering wheel?

Think it's something you probably have to try out for yourself, but looking at the photos....I'm not sure I like it?

Maybe it's having a larger flat panel with the buttons on, over something a bit smaller with them being more pronounced.  They just don't look very clicky.

lotus_steeringwheel.jpg

audi-steeringwheel.png

Edited by glen8

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think it looks ok, not sure how the large offset will feel when driving though? When I get to sit in one at the dealers (September time hopefully) I'm going to spin the wheel a fair bit (and make lots of brummmm brummmm noises) to try it out :lol:

EDIT: That Audi wheel looks like it's come from Halfords :ermm:

Edited by duncx
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

Looks great to me but I do suffer from over-excitedness 😄

I had an Audi RS and that steering wheel was fine but the Emira one looks mean in the flesh, has ONLY the buttons you really expect and the Alcantara felt fantastic.

Once we are all in it, the steering wheel will be a non-issue, you will be smiling too much. 

The most recent 'special' car I drove was a 458 Spyder 2 weeks back.

That steering wheel is MAD in a bad way. Of course, once I was driving the Ferrari I was smiling so much it matter FA :)

I did actually find the shift lights a bit off-putting as it happens.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

wb2.jpg

• Gold FFM

Gordon Murray T50 wheel is the one. Modern steering wheels are too thick and any buttons are a no-no. 

Not a fan of alcantara either on any surface you touch.

Justin 

• Like 2

Worked fine for allegro so where’s the problem ? ;) 

spacer.png

Edited by DJW
  • Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• Gold FFM
14 hours ago, emstan said:

Can anyone who's sat in an Emira (@Evotion?) comment if the "panels" on the steering wheel are only capacitive or do they actually click?

I didnt feel them or click on them. They looked perfect though.  The car was also an unfinished car by some margin so it might not even have everything connected.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

wb2.jpg