free hit
counters
Engine cover Gas struts - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The Gas struts on my 400 with glass rear hatch work OK when hot but not when cold.

I removed on and measured the pressure and when they are hot each one Takes 25KGs to compress strut which equates to 245 Newtons. and only 20KGs or 196Newtons cold

Has any one measured a new one when cold? Or measure the pressure a new on please.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It’s stamped on the strut. Mine says 0250N.

They can be re-gassed. I got the seat lifting one on my scooter done recently.

• Like 1

They loose pressure over time, the signs are that they work when hot, but not when cold. Just replace them, they arent expensive from louts but you can get even cheaper suzuki ones to match. Cant remember the spec but im sure a search would find it.

• Like 1

Kieran, thank you I looked at the part numbers but not until you mentioned the 025N did I see it amoungst the part numbers. 

Luckily they are a standard size and 0f 16" or here 405mm and I can get them for $22AUD