free hit
counters
The "when I placed my deposit thread"... - Page 5 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The "when I placed my deposit thread"...

DaveC72

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

11 March 21 - 6970K - 

27 April 21: Lotus company update and Emira name announced

27 April 21 - TomE - UK - V6 manual

28 April 21 - JamesDG - UK - V6 manual

30 April 21 - Pugwash - UK - V6 manual

4 May 21 - Philsport300 - UK - V6 manual

7 May 21 - Mark030358 - Undecided 

15 May 21 - JCR - Undecided 

19 May 21 - Gashead1105 - Undecided 

20 May 21 - Evotion - V6 Manual

20 May 21 - Evotion - i4

22 May 21 - KennyN - V6 Manual

4 June 21 - DJW - undecided

5 June 21 - Worldwidewebs - 

9 June 21 - Lavazza - undecided

7 June 21 - MarkWilliams1 - Undecided

23 June 21 - KJD - V6 manual

28 June 21 - DaveC72 - i4

29 June 21 - greg/valetpro - Not decided which engine yet.

6 July 21: Emira reveal at Hethel

6 July 21 - Duncs - V6, but cost dependent.

6 July 21, 22:00 - EmiraSi -

6 July 21, 08:00 - Claymore -

7 July 21 - Lockey - i4 

7 July 21 - freefall_junkie - V6 manual UK

7 July 21 - glen8 - i4

7 July 21 - Al_C - I4

7 July 21 - Neilread - I4

7 July 21 - Philnotts - V6 Manual

7 or 8 July 21 - JJ - Cost dependant

7 July 21 - marclurr - UK - V6 Manual

7 July 21 - LotusAmateur - UK - undecided

7 July 21, 15:45 -Emiralust - UK - V6 Manual

8 July 21: Goodwood Festival of Speed Day 1 (Thursday)

8 July 21, 09:39 - mctaff - UK - V6 manual

8 July 21, 16:34 - JimH - i4

8 July 21 - MJON - i4

8 July 21 - Wake - i4 (V6 cost dependant) 

8 July 21 - Johnhoward - V6 Auto

8 July 21 - EmiraJam - 

9 July 21: Goodwood Festival of Speed Day 2 (Friday)

9 July 21 - Beady - I4 (probably)

9 July 21, 08:00 - Beancounter - probably i4, but maybe v6 manual

9 July 21 - Speedluvver - i4 (most likely)

9 July 21 - E1M2I3R4A - V6 manual

10 July 21: Goodwood Festival of Speed Day 3 (Saturday)

10 July 21 - Washy - undecided 

10 July 21 - Al - completely undecided. 

11 July 21: Goodwood Festival of Speed Day 4 (Sunday)

12 July 21: post Goodwood Festival of Speed

12 July 21 - emstan - V6

12 July 21 - Denno - i4 (most likely)

15 July 21 - nohl2678 - V6 (I hope!)

16 July 21 - Frickin Idiot AMG / V6

19 July 21 - slotdawg - V6 Manual

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, James DG said:

April dealer deposit with B&C. No call as yet...

That gives me comfort - sorry 😃

I feel a bit better with my May deposit. I think I was only 30th with B&C so things might be tighter than first thought.  Bloody hell, I don't want a Cayman 😩

33 minutes ago, marclurr said:

Just had mine too, placed my deposit on 7th July. 

Blimey, this is a wind- up . 😃

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I suspect they're going through in the order recorded on the Lotus deposit system. If I remember correctly there was some confusion about what the early deposit holders should do so were delayed a few days in the "official system". It would be extremely disappointing if they reneged on their promise to honour the early payers. The lady mentioned a cut off date of 5th November so to my mind the order of phonecalls is largely irrelevant, but it would give a bit more confidence in the process if the order was perfectly preserved.

Edit: how many times can you write the word "order" in one post? :)

• Like 1

Even though i have not had my call yet ( 7th July )... Lotus explained to me that you would have up to the 5th November to change/confirm your spec after doing it the link that is being emailed out after the call. They are wanting to know who wants the FE V6 vs FE i4 as the V6 is being made first and customers wanting the i4 won't be able to spec there cars until early next year.

If you do want the FE V6 but do not want to confirm your spec or pay the 3k deposit, you have until the 5th November to decide but from your call to the 5th November you will be over taken from customers who have spec'd / paid the 3k in the queuing system.

• Thanks 1

That's what was explained to me on the call too.

I'm going to take the view that, the longer it takes for delivery of the Emira, the longer I get to play with my Exige. Mixed feelings about letting it go!

Edited by James DG
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM
18 minutes ago, philnotts said:

They are wanting to know who wants the FE V6 vs FE i4 as the V6 is being made first and customers wanting the i4 won't be able to spec there cars until early next year.

Thanks, makes sense.

Deposit 17th May with CL, call center tried phoning me yesterday three times, I contacted them via the site chat line??

all good except I still don't know whether V6 manual or I4 AMG! But yes I'm old and need to drive both cars, as Emira V6 manual IMO is not the same as Evora V6 manual which we have previously driven on demo even though we have gone with Evora (S & GT430) IPS versions. 

• Like 2

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM
26 minutes ago, philnotts said:

Customers wanting the i4 won't be able to spec there cars until early next year.

Not doubting that this is what you were told, but had my call this morning and that's at odds with the "in a few" weeks I was told for the i4 FE orders ... (runs head first in to a brick wall)

You can change your spec up to the 5th November and the 3k is refundable deposit at any time. You will only loose your place ( from what i took from the information ) to someone who has spec confirmed and paid there 3k deposit from now to 5th November.

So for example if you were 7th and didn't pay the 3k / spec'd your FE V6 until the 5th November and i was 8th and did do that, i would move up 1 place.

Also if you wanted FE V6, you would jump anyone who wanted the FE i4 who is in front of you.

• Like 1

The below is taken from the terms and conditions on the personal configurator page. My interpretation is; you're giving Lotus an idea of what you're going to want so they can organise their production line for the best throughput. Paying the £3k configuration fee is essentially you saying "this is probably what I want", and if you go ahead and order that they hope that you can have your car a bit quicker. I think ultimately they might still try to fulfil orders in deposit order, but it may not be possible if your spec clashes with how they've configured the production line.

Priority Order Terms and Conditions means the terms and conditions governing priority orders and which can be found here https://www.lotuscars.com/model/emira/

If you choose, during the Configuration Period, you may tell us what options you would like us to manufacture an Emira with. Our intent is to be able to offer you an option to buy an Emira matching your configuration at the point you place your Order. With production planned to meet your desired Configuration we hope to be able to reduce the time you might otherwise have to wait for delivery of your Emira.

You agree that by Configuring and paying a Configuration Fee you:

are not agreeing to purchase an Emira and we are not forming a contract with you to sell you an Emira. Your ability to Order and purchase an Emira will remain within the Order Window described in the Priority Order Terms and Conditions and will be subject to further terms and conditions of sale which will be communicated to you at the time you place your Order;
will not be compelled to Order an Emira matching your Configuration. You may change your mind and Order a different Configuration or request a refund of your Configuration Fee. Nothing in these terms and conditions compels either party to enter into any further contracts of any description;
acknowledge that our only obligation to you is to either deduct the Configuration Fee from the price you pay for an Emira (should you decide to Order) or refund you the Configuration Fee;
acknowledge that that the Configuration Fee is merely to allow us to undertake preparatory tasks in anticipation of production and accepting an Order from you so that we may plan production in the way that we reasonably believe is most likely to satisfy demand as soon as possible following receipt of orders;
We will use commercially reasonable endeavours to manufacture an Emira which matches your Configuration as soon as is commercially practicable after 30th April 2022. We will decide Emira production schedules at our absolute discretion taking into account all relevant factors including the availability and supply of components and our capacity to manufacture. During the Configuration Period it will only be possible to Configure Emira’s with a V6 engine. You will be advised of the opportunity to Configure other engine variants at a future date.

Configuration options and prices may be subject to change between the time we receive your Configuration and the time you place your Order. We will inform you of any such variations prior to you Ordering.

If you have paid a Priority Oder Fee you do not have to Configure or pay a Configuration Fee, you will still be able to place a Priority Order, however if you do not Configure during the Configuration Period you acknowledge that we will not have had the same opportunity to plan in advance production of an Emira matching your desired Configuration and therefore you may have to wait longer for an Emira which matches your desired Configuration.

Any information indicating price, specification, options, or performance are indicative only and subject to change.

We reserve the right to vary or cancel these terms and conditions or any activities they govern without notice, however when there is a change we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you in advance but this may not always be possible.

You may request a refund of the Configuration Fee at any time in writing. A refund will be made to you within 14 days of receipt of your written request. Refunds can only be made to the individual who has paid the Configuration Fee and to the account that was used to make the payment.

Where a Configuration Fee is refunded to you we will only be liable for the sum paid and we have no responsibility to pay you interest of any kind for the duration of the time that we hold the Configuration Fee. We accept no liability for interest charges even where you have used credit to pay.

Our maximum liability to you under these terms and conditions will be the sum of the Configuration Fee that you have paid to us.

These terms and conditions are governed exclusively by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes that arise between you and us.

Edited by marclurr
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, James DG said:

I was told on the call that you only start losing places in the queue after the 5th of November to allow people to attend the roadshows.

I was told this too - very clearly and in response to me asking the question directly.  I'm pretty sure that my place in the queue is safe until 5th November, as long as I spec the car and place my £3K deposit before then.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Emiralust said:

your car spec is sent to the factory first to be allocated a BUILD SLOT however it does not directly affect your DELIVERY DATE,

What they have said to you sounds completely ridiculous. We all know what that means in reality. If they build it, they will want it delivered and get the money. 

So they build it and let it lay around for a month waiting for orders to catch up - no chance.

Even my paranoia has now set in and I have contacted Lotus directly.  Ha. 😄

Also told on my call that my position was safe up until 5th Nov. Would very peeved if this isn’t the case as I’ve yet to see the car in the flesh, so need to wait until dealer tour and view of real paint samples.   Let’s hope Lotus are reading these forums and take note of the confusion. 

Edited by DJW
  • Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Emiralust said:

Only automatic cars will have the top dead center coloured marker and contrast stitching due to supplier demand

What?  Another disaster. So they know they will have very few so will only give it to a niche bunch. Okay, I kinda get that but damn. Oh dear.  Have to get my felt tip out.

Appreciate the messages! These frustrations are not directed at you! 👍

1 minute ago, DJW said:

Also told on my call that my position was safe up until 5th Nov. Would very peeved if this isn’t the case as I’ve yet to see the car in the flesh, so need to wait until dealer tour and view of real paint samples. 

We have transparency on this forum on who paid what and when. If it turns out that somebody early with their initial deposit, in May,  pays the 3k on 4th Nov and then finds out somebody who paid the initial deposit in July gets the actual car a month early.. well.  There is only one way to settle this!! 🤪

Hi guys, not sure if this is helpful to anyone but I feel a little better not having shelled out £3k still...

LIVE CHAT:

Hi. The deposit calls for the V6. Are they in any order? I should have received my call by now as others who placed an order after Goodwood have received calls. Thanks
Sunny 10:34 am
Welcome to Lotus Cars UK. Chat may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
Good morning, we are going in order from when the deposit was placed in our system.
We have only been given a very small list from Lotus HQ to work through, this is in order from first in the system so please do be patient in the meantime. We will be contacting you soon in regard to this along with the private link.
ME 10:35 am
Thanks, but even though I placed it with my dealer before July?
Sunny 10:36 am
Correct, we have only started this week. Once again, being provided with a small list each day by Lotus HQ.
ME 10:36 am
Great, thank you very much. Enjoy your day!
Sunny 10:36 am
no problem, you too!

EMAIL:

Good afternoon FOMO

Thank you for your email, 

Please rest assured, All priority deposit holders will be offered the opportunity of configuring a Lotus Emira (First Edition),

We thank you for your patience at this time and look forward to reaching out to you, to discuss the next stage of configuring your Emira.

If you do require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will do our utmost to help.

Kind regards,

Jamie