free hit
counters
What would you have bought if the Emira never happened? - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

What would you have bought if the Emira never happened?

Evotion

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 28/07/2021 at 09:07, Nass said:

the C8

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

I have seen a C8 where I live. I just can't get to grips with the rear end of the car, but don't let my opinion sway you from one. 

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

For me, it was 981 GT4/Spyder or Evora Gt410 sport. It will be replacing a Z4MC so looking for similar practicality, with lots of my driving involving taking one of my kids somewhere, often with some sports gear thrown in. Also looked at Vantage V12 manual, but clearly a different beast and too scared or running costs. And another thought was to keep the Z4 (and tell the wife it’s really more of an ISA than a vehicle) and get a caterham or elise. But then I barely have time to drive one of them.

I do still have a deposit down on a 718 Spyder, but without any realistic expectation that an allocation will come my way. If it does come in, I will have some serious thinking (and explaining) to do as don’t have the cash or space for both. 

• Gold FFM

That is tough - but a nice problem to have in that they are all superb cars for different reasons.

Don't sweat too much, you can always trade down the line.

If you must have an Aston once in your life and the time is right then get that and enjoy it for 2 or 3 years and then get an Emira.  You have to live your ultimate dream first unless the ownership experience is too scary and I do understand that,

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

On 28/07/2021 at 14:17, JJ said:

Some imported ones are for sale all over Europe at varying prices. The official EU cars will start arriving in October if I recall correctly. These are a tad slower than the US variants due to additional particle filters and whatnot, and are all Z51 3LT. More importantly, there'll only be 16 of them, last I heard. There's a shortage of them for the US, so the EU will not be seeing them in large numbers for a while even if ordered.

Chevrolet

Corvette C8 3LT Z51 Performance Carbon Magnetic Ride Lift

GBP 171742,-      😃

704000309_Corvette-C8-C8-3LT-Z51-Performance-Carbon-Magnetic-Ride-Lift-OP-VOORRAAD-11.jpg.e68acc36bacbcb044bec2f617b629b90.jpg

https://www.venza.nl/auto/484

• Gold FFM

I wouldn't say no to one but that does not come close to the prettiness of an Emira.

Indeed it could be the really ugly child from the mating of an Emira and and NSX.

I assume the C8 is a lot faster but that is not everything. Cool car though, and rare in the UK for sure.

5 hours ago, rudolphwolven said:

Chevrolet

GBP 171742,-      😃

704000309_Corvette-C8-C8-3LT-Z51-Performance-Carbon-Magnetic-Ride-Lift-OP-VOORRAAD-11.jpg.e68acc36bacbcb044bec2f617b629b90.jpg

This imported one has been for sale since shortly after US release. I even considered buying it when it was first listed... At 200K EUR I'm not surprised it hasn't been sold yet (I've seen lightly used Huracans for the same price). I've seen others in NL sell for 25K EUR less, and my mate in the US is willing to sell me one of his (the exact same car including color and options, apart from tan leather instead of black) which after shipping and import would be 70K EUR less (and dropping by the month due to CO2 tax write-off).

I've driven and absolutely love this car. I'm not a fan of its ass though, and getting it serviced properly will be impossible at least until the European models are for sale. Though absolutely brutal, definitely not as pretty as the Emira. I'm still considering it, as it seems likely the V6 manual Emira will be the same price or above as that import I can get, but the C8 is a 6L V8, Targa, quicker, and comes with a GPS-activated front-axle lift to alleviate my speed bump concerns.

• Gold FFM
On 22/08/2021 at 08:54, E1M2I3R4A said:

For me, it was 981 GT4/Spyder or Evora Gt410 sport. It will be replacing a Z4MC so looking for similar practicality, with lots of my driving involving taking one of my kids somewhere, often with some sports gear thrown in. Also looked at Vantage V12 manual, but clearly a different beast and too scared or running costs. And another thought was to keep the Z4 (and tell the wife it’s really more of an ISA than a vehicle) and get a caterham or elise. But then I barely have time to drive one of them.

I do still have a deposit down on a 718 Spyder, but without any realistic expectation that an allocation will come my way. If it does come in, I will have some serious thinking (and explaining) to do as don’t have the cash or space for both. 

I came from a Z4MR to my first Evora.  The Evora put a bigger smile on my face from day one.  That straight six, though... much underrated cars IMHO.

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, rudolphwolven said:

Chevrolet

GBP 171742,-      😃

I registered my interest in the C8 as soon as they announced it was coming in RHD.  Fun fact - I've had 100% more emails from Lotus than from Chevrolet, admittedly that is only two from Lotus, as opposed to the single email from Chevrolet...

Agree the arse is fussy, but it remains a hell of a car for the money...

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

but it remains a hell of a car for the money...

Can't argue with that.   I understand the deliberation.

9 hours ago, JJ said:

and comes with a GPS-activated front-axle lift to alleviate my speed bump concerns.

That is damn cool. Does one have to tell the system to lift it certain places, such as my driveway, or will it automatically recognise that one lifts it in the same places?

You tell it to lift somewhere and optionally to remember that place. Then it'll lift automagically there in the future. My mate says it works great and he uses it for all the driveways and speedbumps he frequents, though I've not experienced that part for myself.

• Like 1