free hit
counters
How to lower a drivers seat? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

My Elise Drivers seat which is on runners is OK.  But having sat in a car with Tillets fitted, I realise I'd like to move my seat further back and lower.... and I'm trying very hard to not just buy a lovely set of Tillets.  So I ask for help!

There is space to use, but I have failed to find a solution for moving the Lotus seat, except for one home made welded affair on an American forum called British Cars..  But that's it!  ...and I can't believe that it hasn't been done before now.

My initial thought was to use a left hand drive passenger mount, but from what I've read, that doesn't work.

Can anyone shed any light on how to move my drivers seat... is there a mount, hack, product.... that achieves it? 

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I needed to gain a bit more headroom in my Exige and rather than lower the seat, I had the front of my seat raised on two spacers then used longer bolts.  This tipped the seat back lowering the rear section of the seat whilst providing more under thigh support without losing the back and forth slider, which helps with getting in and out of you're tall.

This improved things for road use, but I could have done with a bit more room when wearing my helmet on the track and other than going down the Tillett route, I didn't find a decent solution.  I did find alternative rails called Tall Rails but, unfortunately, they seem to have been out of production for some time.

Good luck on avoiding the call of the Tillets...they are nice! :D

• Like 1