free hit
counters
Dark Verdant = ? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Dark Verdant = ?

Hello , can anyone here experienced with Lotus paints tell me what Dark Verdant is equivalent to in previous models?
is it:

Epsom Green / Motorsport Green /  Racing Green , or a brand new colour entirely ?

I am using the configurator without actually viewing the colour in real life so its very difficult to tell , any assistance is appreciated.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Good question.

I am hoping that Lotus can point me out to cars that are nearest to ALL of the colours so I can make a proper decision.  It will be so hard to decide without seeing how they are in the flesh, in the real world, with different lighting conditions.

I do like the Blue but am still looking at Green and the red.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

yeah, I am a tad worried about the red. I'd prefer it was darker and richer. Still, in the flesh, it might be THE colour. So difficult to tell and I suspect those little painted car examples we will get will not help a  great deal.

I am hoping that they add some older, classic Lotus colours into the configurator by September so I can go and see older cars in the flesh.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

To be fair, looking at the configurator again, it does sparkle a lot and it is not as dark as it could be.

• Like 1

It's going to be very tricky.  When I was ordering the porsche, I spent ages looking at the configuration and narrowed to down to a few colours.  Then when I saw them all at silverstone, my mind was completely changed.  My favourite was GT Silver, but when I saw it in the flesh, I didn't like it.  My second favourite was crayon....when I saw that in the flesh, I wasn't impressed at all.  Carmine red, which I didn't give a second thought to was stunning!  as was the black and gentian blue lol  You need to see cars rather than photos online as they are nothing like what you imagine.  Easier said than done with the Emira.  I mean they can't sent all colours to every dealer can they.

The only colours I don't like is the dark grey and the red.  Love the yellow, green and light grey.  Think I'm going with yellow.

Edited by glen8

• Gold FFM

Why have you ruled the red out?    it does look a risky choice without seeing it in the flesh.

I think red is one of those colours you HAVE to see in the flesh.  It could be that the configurator isn't doing it justice.  It's probably my least favourite, but I just can't tell.

It also doesn't bring out the rear lights like the other colours do.

That said, it could be bloody awesome....

• Like 1

Ah, red... 😃

Just like @Evotion said, I hope it's going to be spot on. I also like a deep, rich red... not an orange type. But on the configurator, it does seem like it has some orange shade in it. I dunno. We'll just have to wait and see. 

But the "correct" kind of red along with the black details on the bodywork = 100% 🥳

For me probably Magma Red  > Seneca Blue > Dark Verdant > Hethel Yellow. (But by tomorrow it could be different 😅 )

All with the Black Pack. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I'm hoping it is not quite as dark as that.  Verdant will be slightly different as it has a different name 😁

Welcome to the forum. Have you got a deposit down?

Form the Poll on here I believe Green is still the most popular colour choice.

I would prefer Motorsport green myself  as seen here:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202104302033316

I am really at a loss on the final colour decision. It seems a bit like a life and death decision, just more important. 😄

• Like 1

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107205236636?advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=b248bl&model=EVORA&sort=price-desc&page=1&make=LOTUS&include-delivery-option=on

Cancelled my Boxster718Gts 4.0 order after seeing the Emira launch and immediately paid my deposit.

Hopefully it will surpass my Evora I purchased at it's launch in 2010 😃 but sold in 2015 for my current 981s.

• Like 2

Dark Verdant = ?

Lovely looking colour.

End of topic.

PS. However, I do keep flipping between this and Magma Red. :getmecoat: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

That racing green looks great in the direct sunlight. Just worried about these darker greens in all other conditions.

That Evora looks like a decent deal though Exige 410 Sports are cheaper and that is where my money would go personally.