free hit
counters
Trackday prep - help needed for tow hook - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Trackday prep - help needed for tow hook

• Gold FFM

So I have no idea of the real limits my car (1985 Turbo Esprit) will tolerate (more than me, I suspect 😉 )

I'd like to do my first trackday, but everone wants some form of towing hook/eye/ etc. as a pre-requisite which the car never had.

How do I resolve this?

I've seen a couple of threads for different cars - but it's not clear if the solutions would work for my car.

I'm also going to post this on the Trackday forum for max exposure .....

Thanks in advance ...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Race tow arrangements on a Lotus with the fibreglass bodies always a challenge !

For my S1 Esprit I use a light steel rod bent in a triangle shape from the two front lower suspension pivots. It sits under the cooling intake moulding on my S1 to provide a centre tow point at the front.  At the rear i have used a steel cable from a lower bolt for the lower pivot on the RH side lower suspension link to provide a tow point loop on the end of the cable tied with a wire to the exhaust . If its used and pulled sideways the tie wire will brake and the tow cable move as needed.

Never needed on my S1 Esprit but a similar arrangement used more than once on my Elan :)

cheers

Rohan

• Thanks 1