free hit
counters
Door card Evora NA - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Door card Evora NA

Go to solution Solved by jep,

• Gold FFM

The door card black leather (passenger) has lifted and shrunk on the top roll by the air vent. An attempt to repair failed (by others).

I can get the leather renewed but matching 11 year old leather to new leather is never easy.

If anyone knows a source for a door card with black leather to the top roll and lower section, please let me know. I have emailed Steve at SJ. 

It may be available new as DeRoure list it but it is £500+ so I will go second-hand or retrim. Is the leather from the Scottish supplier, as per seat trim?

Justin

1688578257_15_13DeRouredoorcardLHEvorapartsdiagram.gif.5f8ad133053fa711b5c48cd9ba67befe.gif

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=evora+door+card&_sacat=0&_sop=16

There's a pair of what look like later/red stitch/sports racer spec/leather upper section/alcantara lower section ones on eBay at a breakers for around £500 posted for the pair (for sale individually though) if it helps....

42 minutes ago, jep said:

If anyone knows a source for a door card with black leather to the top roll and lower section, please let me know.

Have you asked ES yet?

And no, not just looked at their eBay listings but actually called up and asked?

• Gold FFM

Thanks both. 

I have never used ES Motorsport but will give them a call.

The Sport Racer E Bay ones are I fear no use, as red stitching which I don't think can be detached and replaced as a section with my existing. The band in the middle is easy, that just un-clips and goes back on to a new/replacement card.

Justin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

With Max500 on hols, I decided to attempt to refit the door card myself. Dirt under the fingernails is not my gig, so this chore had the potential to go very wrong. 

All done. The only snag was refitting the trim panel for the door-shut/vent. I could not line up the lower location pin. I worked out that the location hole was partially covered by the refitted leather trim band (cocobolo) fixings that had been removed and refitted by Surrey Timming. A quick adjust solved this. 

I have no idea if I fitted the door release cable correctly but it works. 

249726353_IMG_20210829_12404992.thumb.jpg.e06fde5e161ace34d8f594814bb049a3.jpg

Justin