free hit
counters
Which possible Options are most important to you on the Emira? - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Which possible Options are most important to you on the Emira?

Evotion

Which possible Options are most important to you on the Emira?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 30/07/2021 at 14:38, IwantOne said:

30mph increase in top speed for 1750? Not sure I see how that would be possible :D

That said, my vote goes to the service plan (I think there should be an option to have all services included in the price). Having extended warranty and service packs available really takes away the worry of unexpected high expenses.

It's much easier to budget for a fixed amount. It's probably also keeps resale values higher because a car is "guaranteed" to be good which in turn also benefits new sales if the depreciation is low. It's also a nice guaranteed income stream for Lotus because cars will have to be dealer maintained.

There is a reason Ferrari has a 7 year warranty on their cars.

Absolutely for the service plan but not at £3250, seems way too high for me.  I'd agree that 3 years servicing included in the price would really help here, it promotes lower cost of ownership, confidence in the reliability of the product and boosts the brands image - exactly what Lotus need I would say; they've had reliable products now years but not the reputation.  Take a look at the Lexus Relax scheme that's just come out - it extends your warranty (parts and labour) for a year for up to 10 years or 100,000 miles provided you use an approved Lexus service centre, add in pre-payment options for that and it will make for really easy motoring.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
19 hours ago, Snorkel said:

How will the key fob look like? 🤔 

You absolutely won't be disappointed :D

34 minutes ago, Techyd said:

Absolutely for the service plan but not at £3250, seems way too high for me.

Please bear in mind that all figures in this, an indeed most other Emira topics are complete (educated) guesswork. Just sayin'...

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Oh for sure.  I remember hearing a tale from British Airways who surveyed its Concord passengers asking how much they thought the ticket price was, and, as many of them didn't book / pay it directly, BA simply put the price up to meet expectation.  That's how the story goes anyway...

So let's not set any cost expectations please 😆, we don't know whose reading!

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Yeah, I made it up, ha, but it was somewhat based on my experience.

£3500 for 3 years of free servicing AND a 5 year warranty sounds good to me.

To be fair, this was based on a McLaren 1 year warranty being £3500 and the average service of the Bentley at about £2750n and then dividing it by the cost of the car.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

7 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

I have seen the key fob it’s definitely one you will proud to show your mates.

Really? 😃

Can you describe what it looked like? Shape? Color? 

Does it have a "Don't start when wife is behind the wheel"-function? 🧐

• Haha 1

The key fob for the Zenos (I mention as WIndle there) was a thing of beauty and precision. Far too nice to risk scratches from sharing a pocket with loose change. (Stuff we used to have back in the day.) Have photo somewhere but work to finish for tomorrow now. Might find tomorrow. 

10 hours ago, Techyd said:

Absolutely for the service plan but not at £3250, seems way too high for me.  I'd agree that 3 years servicing included in the price would really help here, it promotes lower cost of ownership, confidence in the reliability of the product and boosts the brands image - exactly what Lotus need I would say; they've had reliable products now years but not the reputation.  Take a look at the Lexus Relax scheme that's just come out - it extends your warranty (parts and labour) for a year for up to 10 years or 100,000 miles provided you use an approved Lexus service centre, add in pre-payment options for that and it will make for really easy motoring.

The poll said 3 year service + 5 years warranty which might make it a bit fairer.

From my point of view fixed costs warranty and service packs are ideal. Knowing that, excluding wear and tear items, you can own this car for 600~800 pounds a year (just pulling some numbers out of thin air, I'm not sure what the average maintenance costs are for Lotus) make owning a car like this much more attractive.

I suppose there are a fair few people how might be able to afford a car like this but aren't willing/capable of putting up with the "what ifs" of things going wrong with the car.

• Like 1

They aren't listed, but I'd really be focused on the active safety tech and active cruise control. Blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert make me so much less paranoid of cars sneaking up, especially in a sports car with potentially more limited visibility. Automatic emergency braking is nice to have in the back pocket if my brain hiccups or if people hard brake on the highway. Active cruise control is great when using a car as a commuter and you're in traffic or having a shit morning.

• Gold FFM

I assumed that was all standard but it could be part of a Pack.

There was an earlier discussion on Active Cruise. I love it for when I need it on those long Motorway runs but others abhor it on a sports car.

I think I read that the regular cruise control was standard and that active/adaptive cruise would be optional, though a lot of journalist info has been inconsistent and wrong haha. I assume enhanced safety would fall under optional because they would use similar sensors, or since they're usually optional from other manufacturers. But I'd love to be proven wrong. 

• Gold FFM

I think you are right. The next level cruise is likely an optional extra though hopefully included on the LE cars.

3 hours ago, jimichanga said:

I’d like to see a manual sports seat on the options list just to reassure me that it’s still made by Lotus.

As I recall from the documentary "Lotus: A new dawn", the interior department has to close shop due to the higher volumes they gonna make. So it's going to be outsourced. The co-workers from interiors are going to get another job in the factory. 

The bucket seat will come  with the S or R/GT versions, so will the titanium exhaust, the  Bilstein dampers and the carbon bits. For all we know Lotus just introduced the base models of the range. Paint to sample will also be on the list because it is easy to implement for Lotus but and a well priced upgrade.

Now the Targa top I will not hold my breath on that one...  I guess they could put a glass roof which would be cool, but as opposed to the previous cars, this one as an extinction date which is less than 9 years away so developing a targa top may not be high on the priority list.

5 hours ago, jimichanga said:

The point is it would be nice to have the choice of a lighter seat without electric motors. Maybe they will get round to that one day but all we’ve heard so far is that the choice is between 4 way and 12 way electric seats.

It sure would be nice. Extra handy is that a manual also sits lower. I'm not a fan of electric seat at all. Manual adjustments are also made quicker... Tap-tap-done. 

Electric be like: Bzzzzzzzzzz.... Bzzoooooooo.... 😴

Edited by Snorkel
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NedaSay said:

, this one as an extinction date which is less than 9 years away

People keep saying this but the market is much bigger than the UK and parts of the EU. There's large parts of the world that have no plans in place (California 2035 but the rest of the USA?) to ban the sales of ICE cars in 2030. My bet is if Lotus can still sell them then they will keep making them :thumbup:

Still zero chance of a targa though :lol:

• Gold FFM

I see what you mean. 

However, I suspect they need the factory space for their other EV sports cars.  I believe the SUVs will be made in China.

• Gold FFM
26 minutes ago, Evotion said:

I believe the SUVs will be made in China.

That’s right, to be produced in Wuhan, you may have heard of it 😷

• Haha 1