free hit
counters
[New Product] Lotus OE Tyre Savers - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

[New Product] Lotus OE Tyre Savers

Lotus are looking into a range of new products to make ownership a more pleasurable experience for us. One of those products is a set of tyre savers and could you please let me know what you think of them. I've got a set of prototypes I've been using for a while and personally I'm a fan. My car doesn't sit for ages but obviously they're going to be a huge bonus to save your tyres from flat spots if you winter the car (shame on you!). What's super useful is that they are very good raising the car enough to get a standard jack under, and also if your car lives in a garage, use the sticky pads to fix them in place on the floor and when you drive in, you know you're in the right spot every time! No more tennis balls tied to the ceiling!

For some peace of mind and getting the jack under the car much easier, and to be fair having a chance of getting the rear undertray off even, I think these would be a good addition to the garage. 

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (1 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (2 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (5 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (7 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (10 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (12 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (13 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (14 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (23 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (24 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (15 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (16 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (17 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (18 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (19 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (20 of 24).jpg

Lotus Cars Tyres Savers (21 of 24).jpg

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Price is TBC at present, will update once I know more about it. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

@BibsI've thought about these recently. Club Lotus offer a 10 or 15% discount off plastic looking sets but they seem very generic - to fit wheels/tyres ranging from 13-21 inch or something. 

These seem to fit the Evora wheels really well but would they work as well on 15 inch Esprit wheels/tyres? Are they adjustable or do they come in a range of sizes?

Have to say that they look good and if they prevented square tyres after a long winter lay up I'd definitely buy a set.

@Redwing and others, what would you expect to pay for these?

@Bazza 907, I'll check to see if they may be available in different sizes. The ones I have as mentioned are prototypes and made to fit my car.

Evora NA

I've found it depends on the weight of the car. The Elise seems to have no problems but the Esprit is a different matter. I've found that a year or two despite the tyre pressures being raised to c40 psi.

Nothing worse than square tyres..

• Like 1

In terms of pricing, some are available on t'internet from £16/17 a pair, but these may be deemed suitable for a range of tyre sizes. Ones made specifically for the Evora would be of more interest.  Having said that, I do use mine on the road all year round, weather/salt permitting, so haven't felt the need for tyresavers, but during the last lockdown I didn't use it for a six week period. If we should have a prolonged harsh winter spell of weather then I can see this happening again and possibly for longer.  I would be interested to know if anyone can answer @Greg | ValetPro's question about how long tyres can stand before they start deforming. 

• Like 1

I'd imagine there's a lot of variables, eg ambient temp, tyre pressure, type and age of tyre, weight of car etc so it's hard to say but a cursory browse shows that high performance tyres (soft) parked in the cold with less than ideal pressures can develop flat spots in as little as a couple of weeks. That said, most of the time, a short drive, enough to warm the rubber, will see flat spots disappear however old tyres where the rubber is stiffer might not be so lucky. 

Evora NA

They'll be looking at a retail of around £350 to £400 for a set of these. Thoughts?

• Sad 1

Evora NA

Wow so almost the cost of a set of tyres then!  I had £80-£100 in my head given the branding, but personally spending that sort of money on a tyre saver versus a generic one seems madness to me, you've got to a) have money to burn and b) not know about cheaper sets!

• Like 2

• Like 2

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

I think lotus have priced these bang on for all the new customers they are getting from Porsche 👍

• Haha 1

Only here once

You need to be looking at Race Ramps for a better comparison in terms of build and quality. 

https://www.raceramps.co.uk/

You can post a link to some timber at Travis if you like that you can drive onto but not all things are equal. 

That said, if they're too pricey from the supplier they'll not go into production, hence me having prototypes and asking you all the questions. 

• Like 2

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

Lovely Porsche 

7903EDB5-9203-4ADA-9EE1-513C79FE381C.thumb.png.866d408e59c5d1e07d44bc2d98dd12b7.png

I notice they ain’t on back order either

:getmecoat:

I’d steer clear of timber at Travis @Bibs - that’ll defo be more expensive in the current climate

Only here once

• Gold FFM

@Bibs to be honest I'd be looking at £200 a set max.  Do they work with VX220's as well? :)

Also, not sure how the "front" would last being driven up/over when they were attached to the floor.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
Posted (edited)

Argh, thought so. Probably some bloody EU ruling to blame.

Edited by Bravo73
  • Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Feedback is all good folks, thanks 👍

Evora NA

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to be a pain @Bibs I went and googled tyre savers.

I didn’t come across race ramps etc but deffo too rich for me when a £50 solution exists, albeit without the Lotus badge.

• Like 1

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

albeit without the Lotus badge.

Buy some decals to fit to a cheap set..

On 06/08/2021 at 19:42, C8RKH said:

Also, not sure how the "front" would last being driven up/over when they were attached to the floor.

You don't drive over that bit! The more gradual elevation is the other end and that's the bit you drive up and down! That said, when they were demo'd at Hendy's Open Day a couple of months back they were driven off on the wrong end and they're still fine as you can see! 

Evora NA