free hit
counters
Glamping/Camping Do you? Would you - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Glamping/Camping Do you? Would you

Kimbers

Camping/Glamping or Bugger that!!  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have to admit I don't understand any form of camping or Glamping. Point in case is below.

My friend told me he "only" paid £400 for 5 days at a camping site where he pitched his own tent. I told him he was insane! £400 to crap in public loo's and shower with everyone else on the crappy little site he stayed at?

Don't even get me started on "Glamping". See the below article! £1000 for 4 days, your toilet is a portaloo but hey! it has a fence round it to hide it! 100 tents in a big field but it's Luxury because we give you a bed, a crappy hemp carpet and entertain you....well sometimes!

I pay less than that for a whole week in a luxury Log cabin in a forest, with a hottub, spa bath, wide curved screen TV and no one anywhere near me!

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/campers-slam-cloud-nine-glamping-narford-hall-8204624?fbclid=IwAR2JFGFsAkwNiyknMC5-hRj_1MJIagZXT7eoSxwanSrJ7kHE5PCk4V5cFmI

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

The higher the price the more people feel good. To paraphrase an old guy - Never in a field of human and animal poo was so much paid by so many to so few", 

Another well known saying could be "middle aged middle class families and their hard earned are so easily parted for so little.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

You should have posted this in the Evora section. Famous post on "another Forum" to the tune of "Why would anyone who can afford an Evora not stay in a Hotel" :hrhr: 

For me it has it's place. Generally I'd rather say in a hotel/cottage etc, but for 1 night on the piss with mates at the BTCC, it's a laugh. At the TT you have no option unless you pay through the nose and book 3 years ahead so I'll put up with it for a longer period but I'm glad to get home to a decent shower and bed.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I absolutely do (my wife and granson come along.) It's an inexpensive family getway to scenic parks.

We're in the midlle ground with our '75 VW Westtfalia we've had since '12. High and dry and matresses inside, but far from the luxo RVs you see .No on the ground tent stuff for us, but no indoor bathroom (short walk to campground bathrooms/showers though). We can arrive in a total dounpour with nothing that needs to be set up.immediately (we have an ez-up canopy for the picnic table)  When we get home the Westy goes in the garage. Paid $10K when we got it and worth almost twice that these days. We often camp with other Westy owners (club)we know at varying locations.

• Like 1

The last time I camped was at the LeMans 24hr about 20 years ago and never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, would I do it again! Four nights of utter misery!!!

Racing was good though. 😁

Erm, did I mention I wouldn’t do it again?🤔

• Gold FFM

I would never go camping just for the sake of it. But I have no problem with it when going to a metal festival or on an offroad event or such. I do prefer to sleep in my car whenever possible. Not an actual camper, just a Range Rover. With the rear seats removed there is just enough room for an air mattress and with a minimum of flexibility you can get dressed inside as well. I used to have one kitted out for longer tours (10 days through a Russian swamp), with storage under a raised platform and such. That was just doable for 2, especially if you're a young(ish) couple. 🙂 
I'll only use a tent if there is no other option.

Glamping I don't get. If you want comfort and have no problem paying high rates, there are plenty of alternatives that are better in every way, be it a cosy and friendly B&B or a fancy hotel. I think it's marketed purely on location, and even that is often debatable.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

I have never camped until I went with tents to the Me Mans 24h some years ago. Never again. It rained and it was horrible. In subsequent years we took camper vans that meant we were dry and had some basic amenities

• Like 1

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

• Gold FFM

Now I am older - No thanks. 

This was my last one..  I lasted two nights out of the 4 planned and then persuaded my mate we need to get to a hotel :)

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Well it looks like Lotus owners are too posh to camp...... or too intelligent! your Choice!

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Just spent 4 days in a tent on a friends 70 acre farm in the Brecons with them, their dog, 2 pigs, 2 horses, 4 ducks, 8 cats and 25 chickens. The best of times :D

Photo_6553920_DJI_320_jpg_5770539_0_202187164352_photo_original.jpg

They have an old Lime Kiln on their land too, was a magical, relaxing, mainly tech free place with no electricity or running water apart from their river :D

20210807_190340.jpg

Photo_6553917_DJI_317_jpg_5791135_0_20218716424_photo_original.jpg

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

If I can't have 2 showers a day in a private bathroom then you can forget it! And I want a lock on a room, a TV, a proper bed and definitely no one else around me! Bah Humbug!

Can't you get that at home?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Can't you get that at home?

Be honest, if you lived with @kimbers you'd want him in the shed too!

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

their dog, 2 pigs, 2 horses, 4 ducks, 8 cats and 25 chickens

No need to go hungry then!

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

2 hours ago, Kimbers said:

If I can't have 2 showers a day in a private bathroom then you can forget it! And I want a lock on a room, a TV, a proper bed and definitely no one else around me! Bah Humbug!

Prison?

• Haha 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong