free hit
counters
ignition switch/ lock missing part - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

ignition switch/ lock missing part

looks like I am missing a part, it fits between the ignition switch and the little shaft at the end of the lock (photo)  does anybody knows the correct name so I can  order one?

thanks 

steering lock.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you are correct, it is the ignition lock however looking on SJ'Ss website did not bring any good....   they sell the switch but it is that little  thing "in between" that I am missing the switch I have fits in the housing, it is just the little shaft that seems too short. also the hole in the switch has two flat sides, the shaft from the lock has a somewhat smalle diameter and only one flat side.  so maybe it is a non standard switch that the previous owner made to fit.    o well if I can't find something it is back to the lathe and mill.

From what I read on SJ's site it seems there are both an early and later version. Perhaps in this is your mystery solved? I'd expect there to be just a single point through which the switch is keyed to the lock mechanism, surely a keyed shaft integral to the switch with nothing other between.