free hit
counters
Exige 410 - 2-year Service - Baffles to be replaced on sump - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exige 410 - 2-year Service - Baffles to be replaced on sump

Hi Folks,

So my Exige is approaching 2-years old and is nearing its 2-year service which requires that the plastic baffles in the sump be replaced.  This is a 'sump off' procedure which i am advised can be tricky as the sealant/glue used to bond the sump in place can be an absulute **** to remove.  I also recall hearing, but dont recall where, that some seals leak thereafter.

Can anyone share their experiences pls?  good and bad?

Alternatively feel free to suggest i worry less for a happier life 🙂

TIA

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My Cup 430 is over 3 years old and at the 2 year service last year on 9,000 miles dealer did not recommend it yet.

3rd Service due shortly so will review then. 

What about your 3 way Nitrons are they still as new ?

Hiya Tex!

nitrons are as new. I have been advised to adjust them regularly. Ie every few months as it is a lack of adjustment that gives rise to issues. 

who is your dealer? Interesting that the they suggested you leave the sump at year 2. I am on 8.25k miles. 

• 1 month later...

Agreed. I asked to keep the rubber baffles and they are like new. They definitely didn’t need to be changed this time. But I only know that because I did change them. Catch 22. 

Rubber flaps that need changing every 2 years. What a pain I'd have had to take my sump off 5 times since I've had my car 

I'll stick with my S2 

I'd take that sump off and bin it and fit a moroso no rubber in here 

20160312_105621.jpg

20160313_113034.jpg

• Like 1

https://www.hangar111.com/shop/lotus-2-eleven-replacement-parts/244-elise-exige-2-eleven-moroso-baffled-oil-pan.html

Remember it's for the s2 not the s3 there is one for the s3 

https://www.hangar111.com/shop/lotus-exige-v6-s-replacement-parts/650-exige-evora-v6-s-moroso-baffled-oil-pan.html

Just keep the faces clean and oil free and I allowed 24 hours for the sealant to cure before adding oil and running 

• Thanks 1