free hit
counters
Emira lite - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Emira lite

Laika

Evora Sport 410 is the closest thing you'll get to a factory stripped out Emira, could easily be 100kg less than Emira V6, depending on what it actually weighs. Will also cost you a lot less, is super rare and should hold its money. Unless you can't actually get in and out of an Exige that's the car to try if you kerbweight really matters to you. The V6 Exiges are perfectly capable of longer journeys and surprisingly comfortable once you're in. You'll never get 300kg out of an Emira and if you could no-one would want to buy it. So you could ruin an Emira or enjoy the same drivetrain sub 1200kg complete with AC, cruise control, central locking, electric windows and a crappy radio that you'll never use.

Best to accept the Emira for what it is, enjoy the comfort put a ton of miles on it and never put it on the scales. Comfort, tech and useability is what it's all about.

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think screens and dials are different beasts; and the combination is the ideal, and numbers may be recognisable around the world, but selling 123456789 to a chinese owned manufacturer as good enough, does not give a product honed to each market

screens good, touchscreens bad would be my summary

• Like 2

If you don't like the Emira, fine, we all have different tastes, but the constant negativity is not going to win many friends on a forum where 50+ people have deposits down, and especially not when you imply they are suffering 'collective delusion' about the car.

Put it this way, Porsches aren't my thing, but I don't feel the need to troll around on Porsche forum telling everyone about it 😉 .

• Like 2

So just replacing a few items; titanium exhaust, carbon tailgate, cup seats, aluminum fuel tank; saving 60+ kgs that's without engineering any Lotus liteweighting into the mix

sound system delete, add some carbon panels and delete some of the other daily driver aids, all on the AMG engined car for @Evotion think we have the making of the Emira Cup 450 when sales slow down in 3years??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430