free hit
counters
Black callipers colours - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Black callipers colours

Am I right in thinking on the S1 the NA came in black and the S came in red?

I've got a grey launch edition, over time I’m tempted to change the black callipers to either red (good standard colour IMO) or yellow for a bit of Lotus theme. 

Would like to see what you have on yours. 

15F28E64-F830-4EC1-9E5B-7ACC5BFDCC7F.jpeg

Edited by Celica

• Celica changed the title to Black callipers colours

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think the base model calipers were unpainted but with the sport pack you got red calipers?(or black painted as a non cost option). My 2013 Sports Racer S has black painted calipers as that's what the original owner specced.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

My 2010 NA no sports pack came with metal silver non painted and didn’t look great to be fair 

when I changed the disks and pads got my lotus garage to paint then yellow whilst in garage now car has a much better look and obviously better braking as I changed to drilled discs 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Forgot to say how much I got charged 

as I had a weird invoice as I had other work done and then some charges which were discounted as lotus covered a part under warranty 

I think I was charged about £75 per brake caliper for the painting

As it’s been a year I can’t see any paint wear so from my basic observations I got a decent job so happy 

• Like 1

Central Lotus did our GT430, awesome job, sorry no idea on cost; part of the deal as car was brand new. July 2018 no wear and tear of paint 

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

11 hours ago, DBG said:

2010 launch edition came with red calipers 👍🏼

Didn’t know that

1 hour ago, Cdm2018 said:

I can ask central lotus as going there next week for my MOT and service but if it’s too far so viable let me know ?

Not to worry , might give it a go myself in the future 

Evora was launched with natural finished calipers, black ones being part of the sport pack. (Launch Edition had sport pack so only came with black calipers)

Evora S had sport pack as standard so had a black calipers as standard, no other option.

Red calipers were introduced for MY12 in summer of 2011, and natural finished calipers were dropped.

• Like 1