free hit
counters
Would you wait longer for the right colour? - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Would you wait longer for the right colour?

glen8

I was just wondering, what if you decide to wait and the colour that you hope for doesn't eventuate?

Wouldn't you then end up waiting possibly another 12 months to get an Emira with a discounted LE bundle?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

That genuinely has caused me a re-think... 

...The yellow posted earlier made me happy with my initial thoughts, and hanging on for the colour I wanted was not going to be a problem... 

... until I saw the Orange.  Almost wish I hadn't asked, now!  Argh.  First world problems...

That is REALLY good looking.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

9 hours ago, Evotion said:

Am I right in saying that a WRAP is as good as putting PPF on the car - in terms of paint protection.

Just thinking maybe instead of worrying about the colour and then PPFing it with Ceramic coating I can just di a wrap in the colour I want and leave it at that. 

Or do you still have to protect the car/wrap?

you would need to supervise the whole process, and have a very trusted wrapper, so that they dont cut down on the paint below as they wrap (if you want it reversible)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, glen8 said:

No a wrap is far thinner. I think you will get some light protection but nothing like PPF. They are made from different material.

That was my understanding, I have Xpel but would be interested in a colour change with the same protection qualities. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glen8 said:

White

white.jpg

@DaveC72  I think you've opened up a can of worms for everybody.  Orange wasn't even on my radar till now.  It looks amazing!  (then again, they all do).

White wouldn't be my choice normally but wow! This car looks outstanding in so many colours, my original choice of red is starting to look dull 🤪

• Like 1

For the sake of the exercise, do one in that Chrome Silver colour. The highly reflective one.

The green one matches the presenters boot laces. In case you were interested in my input.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Nice one,  I can agree you have created Porsche Crayon 👍That’ll be  an extra £1600 Cha Ching‼️That’s me locked in then 🙄

A9080633-9ED7-4E16-8A5E-864477C961E7.jpeg

Ok. Let’s stop beating @glen8 up for different colours.

@glen8 your mission; should you choose to accept it, is to produce a version of the Emira in every colour in the Photoshop palette.

You have 24 hours.

Cue burning cassette tape, exploding CD, melting iPod, exploding sunnies. Take your pick. 

• Haha 2