free hit
counters
1987 Esprit fuel injection setting - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

1987 Esprit fuel injection setting

Hi Everyone

I just tried to pass the MOT with my 1987 Esprit (originally an american car) but the car did not pass the pollution / emission control.

The controller said that the car is too rich and the fuel injection needs to be adjusted.

Do you know how/where to achieve this setting ?

i mean where in the car of course...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I am wondering whether it is adjusting the fuel injection as I am presuming that is controlled by the ECU. I am wondering if you have a sensor issue? Do you have freescan or espritmon? That might point you in the right direction as well.

I am not the full bottle on all of this. Hopefully someone else who knows more about this will answer.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I am not familiar with the car and the particular setup. Was talking from a position of ignorance. :getmecoat: 

Don't mind me.

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

You need to verify that the Bosch Frequency Valve is working. This is what adjusts the mixture during a run. The FV should emit a BUZZ.

If it works, then you can monitor the mixture Duty Cycle with a dwell meter. Should be 45  - 55 duty cycle, with the lower number = rich.

Everything is spelled out in Section LD of the Service Notes.

• Like 1

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

I am now going away. I shall add no more as Atwell knows WAY more about this than me.

• Haha 1