free hit
counters
UK Dealer roadshows and specs/pricing - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

UK Dealer roadshows and specs/pricing

TomE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

[checks email]

Yay - yes, same email.

Only difference is that I have been offered a car for a whole 24 hours..

Ok, ha, gotcha.

I'll be at the door waiting for them to open I'll have my flask, several cups and a couple of chairs for those who get to B&C early 😃

• Like 2

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I wonder what the plan is to get a demonstrator to Australia?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Hmm I've not received any emails from Lotus since the first one thanking me for my deposit, but it sounds like this is the second one most people have received. To a certain extent I'm not too worried about it as my dealer has me on their list, but the fear of missing out is starting to get to me 😂

Interesting. Have not received the email either. But then, I did not indicate any preferred dealer when playing my deposit directly with Lotus online. Looks like I will need to speak to a dealer.

I am in west London. Nearest option seems to be Hexagon, and then a little distance away, B&C. Any advice on who I should go with based on service? New to Lotus - so no experience with any Lotus dealer.

Thanks all!

• Gold FFM
42 minutes ago, marclurr said:

Hmm I've not received any emails from Lotus since the first one thanking me for my deposit, but it sounds like this is the second one most people have received. To a certain extent I'm not too worried about it as my dealer has me on their list, but the fear of missing out is starting to get to me 😂

FOMO is real and very present in my life at the moment...

13 minutes ago, marcfair said:

Sounds like the  emails are from the dealer  and not direct  from  lotus. 

Yes you're right. In my excitement at the title I misunderstood the OP as saying one email from Lotus and a second from B&C!

• Like 1

So they only be able to give expected delivery dates once order is placed? Because I’d want to know if I have a 2-3 year wait BEFORE locking in the order! 

Future wish list - Exige V6

3 hours ago, LotusAmateur said:

Interesting. Have not received the email either. But then, I did not indicate any preferred dealer when playing my deposit directly with Lotus online. Looks like I will need to speak to a dealer.

I am in west London. Nearest option seems to be Hexagon, and then a little distance away, B&C. Any advice on who I should go with based on service? New to Lotus - so no experience with any Lotus dealer.

Thanks all!

I’ve no experience of Hexagon and haven’t heard much about them. Jamie and the rest of the team at B&C are excellent.

3 hours ago, marclurr said:

Yes you're right. In my excitement at the title I misunderstood the OP as saying one email from Lotus and a second from B&C!

Welcome to TLF Mark. :welcome:

I think I may have missed you when you first joined up.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

2 hours ago, Denno said:

So they only be able to give expected delivery dates once order is placed? Because I’d want to know if I have a 2-3 year wait BEFORE locking in the order! 

I think they’ll be able to give an indication on delivery timeframes when the info is published.

But more specific timing will depend on how many deposits convert to orders, how many people choose V6 or i4 and numbers of First Editions versus own specs.  Your own decisions on that will also affect your delivery timing.

2 hours ago, TomE said:

I’ve no experience of Hexagon and haven’t heard much about them. Jamie and the rest of the team at B&C are excellent.

Thanks! Very helpful.

Was in Poole, so dropped into Hendy Lotus this morning. Good chat with the team there about the Emira. Said that timelines have been pushed back and they expect the UK roadshow to be in Oct now. The cars are still in the US. And expect some more see details to trickle in from mid-Sep. 

• Gold FFM
6 minutes ago, LotusAmateur said:

and they expect the UK roadshow to be in Oct now

That is contradictory to what the dealers are telling us.   

If you can use the extra month to build a few cars in the other colours then I'd be happy.  They can always supply these to dealers down the line and somebody will buy them whatever the spec.

10 hours ago, Evotion said:

That is contradictory to what the dealers are telling us.   

It could be correct.  UK dealer tour starts on 21 Sept so some dealers won't have their slot until Oct.

• Gold FFM

Ah yeah, good point, There are a lot of dealers so some might only accommodate this even towards the end of October.

We will see.

I wonder how long the demonstrators are to be at each dealer or is it going to be based on potential buyers getting there on a set day? 

• Gold FFM

I have asked if it will just be the blue and dark grey cars we have already seen but I will get the usual response of 'we have no further information at this time' which is how things have gone so far so I can't really complain.

It would be amazing to see two other coloured and specced cars doing those rounds. I live in hope.

Not heard anything from my local dealer yet (Park's in Hamilton). Anyone else here up in Scotland?

Agree I'd really like to see something different to the grey and blue launch cars for the dealer tour - after all, only one of them is a runner, and the blue car is so low it clearly isn't on production spec suspension. Having said that, I haven't clapped eyes on the Emira up close yet, so I'd be excited to see it in any spec 🙂

• Gold FFM
52 minutes ago, freefall_junkie said:

Agree I'd really like to see something different to the grey and blue launch cars for the dealer tour

Agree - would love to see a RED one and a metallic/pearl white one. Maybe a military grey one?  Oh, what about a motorsport green one!  Damn, just let me see one of every colour on the palette please :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

9 hours ago, ramjet said:

I wonder how long the demonstrators are to be at each dealer or is it going to be based on potential buyers getting there on a set day? 

It'll be based on the number of deposits they have taken. More deposits, more people need to see the car so it'll be at the dealer for the required amount of time. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.