free hit
counters
UK Dealer roadshows and specs/pricing - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

UK Dealer roadshows and specs/pricing

TomE

• Gold FFM
On 24/08/2021 at 22:03, Evotion said:

[checks email]

Yay - yes, same email.

Only difference is that I have been offered a car for a whole 24 hours..

Ok, ha, gotcha.

I'll be at the door waiting for them to open I'll have my flask, several cups and a couple of chairs for those who get to B&C early 😃

Is this going to be like black Friday - Where eager Lotus owners fight over the keys to the V6?

Maybe I'll use my camper van with a sliding door, park up close too the entrance so when B&C open there door, no-one else can get in.  Is there an emoji for a smug face?😜

• Haha 1

All the Best

Greg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 hours ago, freefall_junkie said:

Not heard anything from my local dealer yet (Park's in Hamilton). Anyone else here up in Scotland?

Agree I'd really like to see something different to the grey and blue launch cars for the dealer tour - after all, only one of them is a runner, and the blue car is so low it clearly isn't on production spec suspension. Having said that, I haven't clapped eyes on the Emira up close yet, so I'd be excited to see it in any spec 🙂

I'm in Edinburgh so they're my local dealer and I haven't heard anything yet either, in fact I haven't heard anything from them at all (I'm not sure if they should have contacted me post my placing a deposit). 

I'm keen to get a full order placed etc. but there's no way on earth I'm doing that without seeing a car in the flesh, so I don't know how the timeline previously given is going to play out here.

I figured that is what they would do. Just didn't put it into words that well.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

What I've heard so far has been contradictory.

UK Lotus people I've spoken to have said press cars will be out around February 2022 with dealer demo cars following in March, so little prospect of test drives before that.

But I also heard some US dealers will have cars in November 2021 and people saying these may be available for customer drives.  That's come from a few customers apparently told that by their dealers, not direct from any Lotus USA people.  I think that is unlikely if press cars aren't until 2022.  I'm assuming it will be a few cars touring different locations similar to the UK Sept/Oct dealer roadshows to help people finalise orders.  I expect we'll get some clarification in the update next month.

On 26/08/2021 at 21:43, ADDeee said:

I'm in Edinburgh so they're my local dealer and I haven't heard anything yet either, in fact I haven't heard anything from them at all (I'm not sure if they should have contacted me post my placing a deposit). 

I'm keen to get a full order placed etc. but there's no way on earth I'm doing that without seeing a car in the flesh, so I don't know how the timeline previously given is going to play out here.

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

V6 or I4?

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

On 26/08/2021 at 08:59, freefall_junkie said:

Not heard anything from my local dealer yet (Park's in Hamilton). Anyone else here up in Scotland?

Agree I'd really like to see something different to the grey and blue launch cars for the dealer tour - after all, only one of them is a runner, and the blue car is so low it clearly isn't on production spec suspension. Having said that, I haven't clapped eyes on the Emira up close yet, so I'd be excited to see it in any spec 🙂

Nope nothing yet from Laura since this thread started but when I was in touch with her very recently she was still waiting for info herself. I’m sure she will be in touch as soon as she has something factual to share. 

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Anyone in the UK who placed a deposit direct with Lotus and hasn't heard from a dealer yet, I suggest you contact the very helpful Emira team at Hethel on 0800 8044 577.  They will line you up with a dealer and/or arrange for you to attend the nearest roadshow.

@Evotion they've said provisionally UK test drives will start in Feb 2022.

• Thanks 1

I'm now seriously considering flying to UK the guerilla style, just to be able to attend the roadshow as well... Any clue if I could somehow organize being added to the list?

Talk to the folks at Hethel on the number I posted.  I'm sure they can sort that if you can get to the UK in the weeks after 21 Sept.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 27/08/2021 at 10:14, TomE said:

But I also heard some US dealers will have cars in November 2021 and people saying these may be available for customer drives.

Grrr. RIght, who is up for a UK team travel event to the US to drive them?  😁

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

No email from B&C for me.. I've been quiet on here for a few weeks so only just seen this post.

I'll contact Jamie for more info. If It's only a 3 day window I need to plan around work commitments..! frustrating to have not had the email on that basis. 

• Gold FFM

Did you see the car at Goodwood, Jay?

I don;t think we will gain a lot to see it again and gain not a lot more detail.

Well, I will go, of course, as I am a born-again Lotus nerdfreak nutter but I wouldn't if there was something else important to do.  What is more important though? :)

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I wasn't able to attend GW unfortunately so really keen to make one of the days on offer.. Whatever the dates are mind!.

I might have just been missed of the mailing list on this one. I have to say I'm not always keeping in contact. Last time I spoke to Jamie was regarding my deposit return (B&C one) and the email telling me about the Roadshow. 

I'll make It happen 🤓

• Like 1