free hit
counters
Adoption - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Adoption

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I can't help you with advice either mate as it would be different here to the UK anyway.

Quite an honour to be asked by her I presume.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

@Bibs this is simply a lovely thing - but do consider the wider implications that go alongside this though. University funding is one to consider - should she apply then you will have to declare your income details to SFE and they will assess her funding on your income.

• Confused 2

Only here once

Think of all those Father's days to come mate, she can treat you to all your Le Mans trips forever.......

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Dave.

13 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

University funding is one to consider - should she apply then you will have to declare your income details to SFE and they will assess her funding on your income.

Can't honestly imagine saying I'm not going to adopt her in case she doesn't get a uni grant!

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

I think the point here is that there is a system, your legal status won't affect the love you have for each other but it may impact the support she is entitled to by the state or perhaps her legal guardian. I don't think for a moment this is a measure of your commitment, I will echo the comments on what a lovely act this is, good on you. 👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

this is simply a lovely thing - but do consider the wider implications that go alongside this though. University funding is one to consider - should she apply then you will have to declare your income details to SFE and they will assess her funding on your income.

Wise words

She’s a lovely girl mate, you have a great relationship so hope all goes smoothly. 

• Like 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, Bibs said:

Can't honestly imagine saying I'm not going to adopt her in case she doesn't get a uni grant!

Congratulations @Bibs, that is indeed a lovely gesture and an honour. 

Don’t worry about Uni. Payment of fees through a student loan do not need declaration of your income.

If you are looking for additional funding, there is a minimum grant of around 4k. If she wants any more, you would need to declare your income but she would not be eligible for more if you earn over 48k (I think). So if you do, no point in declaring anything and just claim the minimum. 

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

What a wonderful thing for her to ask, she must value you very highly indeed!  I hope you can work this out as smoothly as possible.  If you've not come across it already, this site outlines some key steps and questions.

https://www.familylives.org.uk/advice/your-family/stepfamilies/stepfamilies-legal-information/adopting-stepchildren/

• Like 2

We are very similar :) My boys and girls have never ever said anything about half siblings and I don't think the thought has even crossed their minds. They all grew up together so consider themselves siblings end of. Likewise I had never thought of it till now reading this.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)