free hit
counters
Bling's new toy C service - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Bling's new toy C service

Sparky

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Seems one is only seeing them if they are cached locally.  Here's one of the images reposted; let me know if you can see it!

115259661_WhatsAppImage2021-09-18at17_34.37(4).thumb.jpeg.922699492869edb445d61f841b4faec2.jpeg

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Curved otter switch pipe at RH front, repaired with filler and sprayed silver.  Not nice.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

@MPx Mike, you can now see them all, or just the recent one?

1 minute ago, exeterjeep said:

Yep can clearly see a pic of a naked lady - oops I meant  some part of an esprit.

Wrong link, dammit.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I can see the last picture and all the early pictures apart from the pictures posted on Friday and Saturday, although I could see them in the past.

Maybe it is related to @Bibsposting ie the older are ones are on S3 waiting to be migrated to the TLF server (or migrated and links broken) and the latest one is on the TLF server ?

• Like 1

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

• Gold FFM

A reasonable assumption.  For the time being, I'll refrain from reposting them...

5 hours ago, Sparky said:

@MPx Mike, you can now see them all, or just the recent one?

I can see just the recent one, and of course all of the ones up to the post I called out.  That one post is all still unreachable addresses.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I remember that someone on here used those low temperature alloy brazing rods to fix theirs.   Seemed a good solution.

After lockdown storage, I found myself chasing this problem, even though car has 'in date' ethylene glycol  inhibitor/coolant.  Think I replaced 3 in total.  The good news is that they are readily available and not especially expensive.

Edited by 910Esprit
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

Brazing rods I could accept.  Filler on something pretty accessible and, as you say, not too expensive is downright illogical.

Whenever I believe I've seen it all, another comes along to surprise me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Henry, your car is in a different dimension.  😄

On 20/09/2021 at 07:25, 910Esprit said:

I remember that someone on here used those low temperature alloy brazing rods to fix theirs.   Seemed a good solution.

I used the kit from frost to do a pin hole on  mine 5-6 years ago on my old n/a.  Seemed to work ok and didnt  have any issues in the 3-4 years I had it running.

https://www.frost.co.uk/hts-2000-alloy-repair-welding-kit-fluxless-aluminium-brazing-rod/

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Well, spit.  New hoses and pipe fitted today.  Filled with water only, just in case, and tested for leaks.  Found one among the new hoses and pipe at OSF.  I spent ages resiting the otter switch and seal, finally realising the leak is above the switch, and is in fact a tiny pinhole at the weld for the otter switch seat.  Bugger.  So, will need to exchange it.  This car just won't let go!

One of the awful hoses removed:

1430296000_WhatsAppImage2021-09-23at19_15_44.thumb.jpeg.3122a139d435fc506eb671d2b4b3f48e.jpeg

Nice to be able to wirelock on the bench for once...

1223476536_WhatsAppImage2021-09-23at19_15.44(7).thumb.jpeg.47f969fb6da1c15928926f278955e5d7.jpeg

Turns out I'll have to do it again, after finding the leak.

Also found a tiny exhaust leak during engine run.  Given the location and apparent state of the hardware, won't be dealing with this until it becomes a much larger issue!

1451405859_WhatsAppImage2021-09-23at19_15.44(1).thumb.jpeg.cabe34eac0995f0607698cf40a7ad983.jpeg

I suspect the RH chassis pipe isn't sealing perfectly, so will examine that again tomorrow.  Another job to be avoided if at all possible.

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-23 at 19.15.44 (6).jpeg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

And here's a tiny bead of water from the offending pinhole.  With luck, a replacement pipe will be here tomorrow and I can get this one signed off.

PXL_20210924_083627910.thumb.jpg.89f704d5190015f4f0d3e50b7bd9b525.jpg

1 hour ago, Choppa said:

Surely you could sort that with a dab of silicon sealant :whistle:

or some chewing gum.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Choppa said:

Surely you could sort that with a dab of silicon sealant :whistle:

Dont make me go all Liam Neeson on you.

• Haha 1