free hit
counters
The Netflix documentary, Schumacher - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Netflix documentary, Schumacher

jonwat

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

AH yeah, I saw the announcement.

Unmissable.  Covers humanity, psychology, drive for excellence, triumph and tragedy.

As it happens, I was never a big fan of his as I was always a main supporter of the Brits he races against - cough, destroyed :)

When he retired, as is often the case, one realises what a legend he truly was.  His appearance on  Top Gear helped.

He is/was not as funny as Vettel but still a decent character in front of a camera.  Either way, awful situation for his friends and family.

Hopefully the documentary is balanced, showing the great stuff he did and the uncompromising bad stuff.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

14 minutes ago, Evotion said:

His appearance on  Top Gear helped.

@Kimbers and myself were there for the filming, it was the episode where the Evora made its appearance!

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Wow, never knew that. I will go and watch it now :)

34 minutes ago, Evotion said:

Wow, never knew that. I will go and watch it now :)

Was great to be there and watch the filming! 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Did either of you know it was Schuey coming on or was it a complete shock to all?

I know how TV often, cough, hides the real truth.

• Gold FFM

I  read Jason Plato's book this week. He said he met Michael at the Race of Champions. Thought he would be quite boring. They ended up drunk and ripping peoples clothes off them together...

5 hours ago, Evotion said:

Did either of you know it was Schuey coming on or was it a complete shock to all?

During the day's filming, the hanger doors opened and a fully suited stig was stood there. As he came onto the stage, we still didn't know and personally I thought it was a joke when he pretended at first to remove his helmet, then he did! 

Later in the day we had to stop filming again as a jet took off very close and Clarkson told us it was Schumacher leaving, he'd just flown in to film that segment for an hour or so! I was sat on the front of Clarkson's personal FXX at the time :lol:

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Ha, great memories. You lucky man!

I didn;t realise he ever owned an FXX?  Nutter. The silliest car money ever bought. I wonder if he drove it more than once. :)