free hit
counters
Giugiaro Parts Cross References - Page 3 - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Giugiaro Parts Cross References

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure if this has been posted before.My 1978s2 front brake pads are a exact match with a late seventys BMW-320i Hope this might help some G cars brake for another day.

Just to add to your task, Alan....I've been dashing about trying to get a waterpump drive belt in the middle of France. The numbers on the old belt were XPZ 630 ... also 3VX 250. I'd spotted the old b

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Fuel filter cross reference courtesy of Marc Engel

Have replaced my fuel filter.

the following filter was installed in my 85 turbo Esprit

Bosch 0450905030 (10 digit number for Europe)

US part number : 71028 - 0450905030 850

I have replaced it with an equivalent from FRAM

Fram G3829

This filter fits many vehicles.

Cheers

Marc

And from Mat S (redlotus84)

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 2 months later...
Windscreen / widsheild is from a JCB. No more details than that at present.

I've just bought a clear windscreen for my series 1 from Pilkingtons on the Isle of Sheppey down in Kent. They will make just one screen if you want it (as I did) and I'm sure he said the part number covered up to 1988 but I could be wrong. Their part number for the clear one was HT0540CL and they can also do a tinted one. The cost was

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Lotus Part Number

A079J6003F

Description

Brake Disc, Front - S1/S2/Some S3 (Solid Disc)

Originated/Alternative

1975 OPEL MANTA 1.9L 1898cc L4 (N) : Brake/Wheel Hub : Rotor/Disc

CENTRIC Part # 12036001

Front; Solid

Price

$32.79 USD

Recommended Supplier

RockAuto.com

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lotus Part Number

????

Description

S1/S2 Front Hub, Outer Wheel Bearing

Originated/Alternative

1975 OPEL MANTA 1.9L 1898cc L4 (N) : Brake/Wheel Hub : Wheel Bearing

SKF Part # BR1

Wheel Front; Outer

Price

$6.46 USD

Recommended Supplier

RockAuto.com

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lotus Part Number

????

Description

S1/S2 Front Hub, Inner Wheel Bearing

Originated/Alternative

SKF Part # BR8

Wheel Front; Inner

Price

$6.79 USD

Recommended Supplier

RockAuto.com

Edited by GavinS1

Cheers, Gavin

• 8 months later...

Look at this. Found it in my mates glove box. £1.75 back in the day, when a pint of beer would have been under a quid easy. Not sure if they still exist.

Lotus Part Number

?

Description

Side repeater/indicator light - Lucas L734

Originated/Alternative

BL 50's - 70's Ford, Jag XJ, FX4 Taxi, Triumph etc

Price

�15.00

Recommended Supplier

www.holden.co.uk

post-9210-048740000 1283180155.jpg

post-9210-052145200 1283180172.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

That kind of bush is nothing like the originals. The metal inner part rotates in the outer. This means they wear and start to squeak and also fundamentally affect the suspension characteristics because the originals act as a rising-rate spring as they flex which adds to the overall spring rate.

Also if the suspension does not move in one plane only but has any degree of twist, which most suspension designs do, it will stress the mountings which will destroy the bushes or even cause cracking.

The original bonded rubber type of bushes are quite expensive to produce but Lotus used them for many reasons, along with Ferrari and all other performance car manufacturers.

• 10 months later...

Just to add to your task, Alan....I've been dashing about trying to get a waterpump drive belt in the middle of France. The numbers on the old belt were XPZ 630 ... also 3VX 250. I'd spotted the old belt had seen better days, just before I started to put the lump back in...my own fault, I'd changed the Cambelt and fitted a new exhaust manifold and turbo adapter, and glanced at the old waterpump belt....but it wasn't until this afternoon I noticed the damage.... And changing it in situ is 'orrible, so it needed to be changed now. Off I toddled into Cosne-sur-Loire, to the first motor factors I came to...handed him the belt...he disappered and came back with a new one!!! Hooray!!! It had the magic numbers 630...so off back to the workshop to fit it.

It didn't.

Far too short... so I had a good scrute and only then saw that the width of the new belt was greater..new one was AVX10 x 630.... so the AVX is a different beast to the XPZ.

Much interweb fiddling finally disclosed that, for equivalent lengths and fitting, XPZ x 630  and 3VX 250 are the same as AVX10 x 643....so it's worth adding all three to the lists, then we can all know the equivalents!! AVX10 x 630 WON'T FIT..... but these do:  

XPZ 630 = 3VX 250 = AVX10 643. They're the waterpump belt for a non- aircon 1982 Turbo.  Next expedition tomorrow to get the RIGHT one!!

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

21 hours ago, molemot said:

Much interweb fiddling finally disclosed that, for equivalent lengths and fitting, XPZ x 630  and 3VX 250 are the same as AVX10 x 643....so it's worth adding all three to the lists, then we can all know the equivalents!! AVX10 x 630 WON'T FIT..... but these do:  

XPZ 630 = 3VX 250 = AVX10 643. They're the waterpump belt for a non- aircon 1982 Turbo.  Next expedition tomorrow to get the RIGHT one!!

Thanks John. Can you clarify which belt you have against the Lotus part numbers please?

S1/S2

Copy of G Car Aux Belts.jpg

'80 - '87

G Car Aux Belts 2.jpg

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

That'll be the A907E6296F.... and I can add another belt, too...the one I ended up with...SPZ 630. that's the same belt but minus the coggy bits... a plain V belt. No problem for simply driving the waterpump. After a tour of my bit of the Loire valley, I ended up in Gien..as the place in Cosne didn't have any the right size of any description..back to my usual motor factors, who are very helpful....when I went in for an oil filter, they went through all the listings until they found the right one for an 82 Turbo!! Back to Mole End and fitted the new belt.. and the new plugs...then it was out with the chain hoist and stuck the power unit back where it belongs. Just had a nice Old Fashioned on the terasse....can there be a BAD Old Fashioned??... and now I am looking forward to a few gentle days grovelling, connecting everything up again. Should be all systems GO for the Goodwood Festival of Speed...or, in my case, Sloth. Had to get it back in today as the future holds more rainy misery and I have to work outdoors when hoisting engines...the terasse is my gantry!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• 1 year later...

If they are missing then @Paul Coleman could be your best bet?

If they are in poor shape then @Matt-watts may be able to help?

You could try SJs or LotusBits otherwise.

If you manage to nail an alternative then please let me know!

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)