free hit
counters
Headlamp motors - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Headlamp motors

When my headlamps go down they always drop too low. Probably worn motors somehow inside but don’t know. Can they be fixed refurbished at home?  Maybe a reconditioning kit is available. Thanks for any advice

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There are repair kits available for the  lifting gears in the motor available on eBay but it's more likely that you need to adjust the actuator rod that links to motor to the pod. A couple of turns of the knurled section in the middle using a pair of pliers and the pods will park flush again.

• Like 2

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

I'm a novice here, just going through the motors' wiring as part of restoration and agree with @Choppa on the adjustment of the pushrods as likely solution. Two points further: if original GG Esprit yours are likely to be the early, non-knurled type which must be detached at one end and flipped by half turns for change of length; also be mindful of resetting aim of the headlamps after the change.

Cheers

if you have lucas motors (TR7)  that turn in just one direction they allways drop down first before they go up. it is just the way they are made.  if you have the stevens (GM) motors it is the cheap repair kit you need. I changed the wiring on my lucas motors so they turn in both directions and now they don't drop down before they go up.  looks much better (imho lol) 

• Like 2