free hit
counters
Anybody have any SSC contacts? - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Anybody have any SSC contacts?

Just a short one, I purchased the SSC V6 headers and exhaust package last year.. fitted them in lockdown and not really used the car much this year mostly because there's not been much going on to take it anywhere.

Anyway, the SSC system came with its own CAT which was all fitted and the car immediately failed MOT on emissions. Also the exhaust valve rattles when closed and sounds really crap, so i have pulled off the vacuum tube and blocked it off for now, everywhere on LOUD mode, which is fine but this system of theirs really howls.. Like ears bleeding after half an hour kinda howl! - its not the end of the world but if you've paid for a dual mode system you want to to dual mode don't you.

I should mention I did have the system ceramic coated before I fitted it, and it looks bloody awesome too.. I cant see how ceramic coating could have effected the way the CAT or the valve works at all, as it was all masked off correctly.

I have reached out to SSC several times about my problems, and they just stopped replying. for 9 months now I have sent 5 emails and nothing back from them. Now last time this happened the guy who I was emailing had left and the CC guy was on paternity leave, so I have forwarded the email to info@simplysportscars and everyone else I had in my address book there. - Silence.

Has anyone got any contacts at SSC to give them a friendly nudge for me? - I just want to speak to them about how I can fix my CAT and valve issue, I've even said id buy parts from them, I'm not after warranty freebies.

MOT day is rolling back up and i don't want to have to switch to the old exhaust again to make it pass.. the guy last year said it "wasnt even close, or i would have snook it through for you" so there's obviously something up.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ry

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hey mate, Yeah I gave it a good drive on the way to the test centre as its all A roads, when the tester called me to say it failed i asked how long had it been standing, apparently half an hour. So asked him to take it round the block for me and make sure it was VERY hot.. He said he took it out and it still failed.

My question is SSC would be what CAT was supplied with the system so we know what results to expect, It must be doing something though as I have no MIL lights.

19 hours ago, rlongthorn said:

thanks gents, these were both in the original email sent on 2/9/21.. still no reply!

image.thumb.png.088a5ebfdfd0351550673d9fb08dfb3b.png

Did you not receive or read my PMs? You have yet to respond to me despite my offers to help and my "friendly nudge" to SSC as per your OP.

I told them about your post last Thursday and was told someone will look after you. I'd be very surprised if they have yet to attempt to contact you by now. Perhaps you have missed their call or emails?

• Like 1

I sent them a few emails ( to a few of their different mail adress ) in the last weeks to get some info about the supercharger belt braking on their watercooled kit and at the moment I also did not receive any reply.

• Like 1

To clarify my earlier comment, I can’t speak for the experience from overseas, but as a local SSC are magnificent. They go above and beyond and care about our cars as much as we do. I’d never take my Lotus anywhere else.

But they can miss emails, and the solution is simply to call them. I’ve never had to wait more than two hours for a call back.

• Like 1

As above, it's much better to call them and try get onto PJ as mentioned.

I'm in aus and also fitted their exhaust system to my V6.  I also have the very annoying rattle when closed and have taken the car back a few times to SSC for a fix.  Long story short there isn't a fix and they ended up offering me a discounted used 400 muffler which solved the problem.  

However, the 400 muffler coupled with the manifolds/cats is next level loud even compared to their after market system and I got black flagged in my first session at my last trackday.  Hence now I have the choice of either a rattly SSC muffler or fark off loud 400 muffler that wont pass at the track.  Really not ideal.

SSC have been fantastic to deal with overall but with this exhaust issue I don't think they should have ever sold this exhaust system as it's clearly faulty and obviously not cheap.

• Like 1

Hey Yan, Sorry mate was off grid for a few days, I work at sea. Replied to your PM's just now.

Spats, thanks for your input mate.. made me laugh a bit, if the 400 muffler is louder than the dual mode SSC I feel for ya mate, because the dual mode in bypass mode is mental loud. Makes me a bit happier that they have had the same issues on other exhausts too, so they know its a thing... maybe why they are ignoring me?! 

ill keep you updated if any progress is made, I even reached out on social media the other day and got a reply straight away saying "contact us at info@simplysportscars.com for any help" I was yelling at my phone "that's what I've been Farrrking doing!!!!" - I think they might use a separate company to look after their social media though.

Cheerus gents!